Director, Health Plan Engagement (Hybrid)
ABOUT TOMORROW HEALTH
Tomorrow Health enables exceptional healthcare for patients and their families in the place they want to be most — home. At Tomorrow Heath, we build technology that rewires the way home-based care is ordered, delivered, and paid for. Tomorrow Health connects patients, providers, health plans, and home-based care suppliers, to ensure patients receive the correct and timely care they need to remain healthy at home.
We believe in putting patients first, that many perspectives are stronger than one, and in treating those we serve just as we would our own family members. We hope you’ll join us if you’re passionate about improving healthcare delivery, leveraging technology to help people, and working in a collaborative, diverse environment.
Tomorrow Health is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Obvious Ventures, Box Group, and Rainfall Ventures, and individuals including C-level executives from Flatiron Health, Quartet, Stripe, Massachusetts Medicaid, and the World Bank. The company’s Advisory Board includes Trevor Fetter (former CEO of Tenet Healthcare), Roy Beveridge (former Chief Medical Officer of Humana), Phyllis Yale (Senior Advisor at Bain and Board Member of BCBS MA) and Eric Hargan (former Deputy Secretary of Health and Human Services).
This is a leadership role on Tomorrow Health’s Go to Market team. The Go to Market team is responsible for launching our marketplace for home-based care in new geographies. The Go to Market team consists of Provider Sales and Business Development, Supplier Operations, Health Plan Engagement and Implementation, and Network Strategy. The team partners with Health Plan Business Development, Customer Experience, Product, and Marketing to deliver successful new market launches. They are responsible for platform growth.
We are looking for a leader to head our team focused on rolling out and ensuring ongoing success for health plan partnerships. Reporting to the Head of Go to Market, this person will build and lead a team focused on developing deep and enduring relationships with Tomorrow Health’s health plan partners to achieve our shared goals. They will develop the strategy and plan for each partnership, lead their team to execute, and ensure ongoing engagement with each partner.
The Director, Health Plan Engagement will launch new payor markets, expertly managing internal and external cross-functional stakeholders, and drive ongoing success of health plan partnerships. They will be accountable for delivering successful launches, ensuring ongoing engagement from health plan partners, and driving upsell of new products and services.
In your first six months, you will lead upcoming launches across all teams at Tomorrow Health. You will develop a strategy to substantially and efficiently scale our launches while building a world-class team.
- Develop data-driven strategic vision, strategy, and goals for how we activate and deepen relationships with health plans; ensure this vision and strategy support the overall company strategy; contribute meaningfully to full company strategy
- Deeply understand health plan partners, their risks, objectives, and the market through continuous market research and proactive relationship management, identifying opportunities for collaboration and growth.
- Collaborate with Product, Marketing, and cross-functional teams to refine and enhance the value proposition based on customer insights, ensuring the development of products and services that address the specific needs of health plan partners.
- Lead the strategic planning and execution of company launches, effectively coordinating internal and external teams to achieve all defined success criteria and ensure seamless implementation.
- Build and nurture strong relationships with health plan clients, proactively identifying expansion opportunities, addressing issues promptly, and strategically upselling new products and services to drive long-term engagement and revenue growth.
- Act as the primary point of escalation for health plan relationships, resolving critical issues and concerns in a timely manner to ensure high client satisfaction and retention.
- Develop and maintain robust reporting to track progress toward goals, providing regular updates to senior leadership and stakeholders on key performance metrics and areas for improvement.
- Recruit, develop, and lead a high-performing team, building a culture of excellence, collaboration, and growth.
- Continuously assess and optimize team performance through effective performance management, including setting clear expectations, providing regular feedback, and identifying opportunities for skill development and career advancement.
- 8+ years of professional experience; experience in digital health a plus
- 2+ years of experience managing external business relationships with large customers; experience with health plans or large health systems a plus
- Experience in a startup or professional services environment
- Data-driven decision-maker with strong analytical capabilities, including Google Sheets and Excel; SQL and / or Looker knowledge a plus
- Inclusive leader who creates and nurtures diverse teams
- Growth mindset, consistently learning from diverse sources
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision benefits
- HSA and FSA (Dependent Care and Commuter)
- Fully covered membership in One Medical for on-demand primary care, and Teladoc for 24/7 virtual care
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Free mental health support with BetterHelp through CONCERN EAP
- Short-term, and long-term disability plan availability
- Company-sponsored Life and AD&D insurance
- Educational reimbursement
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter Benefits
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Access to Vanguard 401k plan
- Unlimited vacation and 11 national holidays
- Thoughtfully curated, social-impact focused monthly hosted events including learning sessions, wellness sessions, and social events
- Personal and professional anniversary gifts
- Annual company summit in NYC
- Investor network support
Salary range for this position: $179,000 - $199,000 depending on experience and qualifications.
Learn more about our core values and working with us on our careers page!
Tomorrow Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Something looks off?