Director, Payer Sales (Hybrid or Remote)
ABOUT TOMORROW HEALTH
Tomorrow Health enables exceptional healthcare for patients and their families in the place they want to be most — home. At Tomorrow Heath, we build technology that rewires the way home-based care is ordered, delivered, and paid for. Tomorrow Health connects patients, providers, health plans, and home-based care suppliers, to ensure patients receive the correct and timely care they need to remain healthy at home.
We believe in putting patients first, that many perspectives are stronger than one, and in treating those we serve just as we would our own family members. We hope you’ll join us if you’re passionate about improving healthcare delivery, leveraging technology to help people, and working in a collaborative, diverse environment.
Our Health Plan Sales team is responsible for the full lifecycle of health plan and strategic partnerships, from initial conversations to contract execution and ongoing relationship management. This team partners closely with Tomorrow Health’s Product, Engineering, and Go-to-Market teams to win new clients and drive positive outcomes for our partners and patients.
The Director, Health Plan Sales will report to the Chief Growth Officer and be part of a humble yet ambitious team. As a key member of our Health Plan Sales team, you will be responsible for winning contracts, securing broad coverage, delighting our payer prospects and contributing to our overall payer market strategy. This position is a quota-holding, high performer, individual contributor role with an assigned geography.
In this position, you will be a major change agent at Tomorrow Health, having impact and influence with a high degree of autonomy and flexibility. You are obsessed with best in class sales practices and securing health plan contracting/sales in record time. You have a demonstrated ability to influence the buyer cycle, use data to shape our value story and enjoy iterating and learning based on market feedback. You are disciplined with your pipeline activity, action oriented, highly collaborative with an inspiring grit to secure the sale. We are seeking for a creative thinker, solution oriented leader, with an innate ability to formulate and deliver clear and succinct payer value propositions, ROI analysis, win deals, and manage complex relationships. Above all, a team player that delivers results.
- Sales Execution: lead-generation-to-close, securing payer coverage targeting Medicaid, Medicare, and Commercial lines of business
- Quota Attainment: develop and nurture pipeline, track and analyze sales funnel/activity and, meet or exceed annual sales quota
- Sales Strategy: payer sales targeting, collaborate in the deployment of Tomorrow Health assets and resources throughout the sales cycle including ROI analysis, optimal relationship navigation across multiple stakeholder groups within payers
- Health Plan Market Expertise: understand evolving details and dynamics of payer market, near term trends impacting providers and payers, and maintain a clear view on how the market will evolve over time
- Marketing Campaign Execution: Build awareness with key decision-makers within payers – collaborate with Marketing, GTM, Product, Operations to execute regional/state/payer awareness campaigns; payer-related conference execution
- Voice of the Customer: provide prospect feedback to drive ongoing product innovation; field-level competitive intelligence gathering; trends impacting health plans
- 5+ years of direct sales or business development experience selling clinical products, programs, or technology solutions to health plans or health systems
- Demonstrated track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- Experience maintaining ongoing relationships with large, complex clients
- Ability to close a sale, having the communication skills, credibility, and authority to handle each client from lead generation through contract execution
- Experience negotiating and structuring sales contracts with sophisticated buyers
- Experience learning and communicating savings data, ROI analysis
- Perseverance to drive contracts forward, often educating the health plan about the required contracting model, claims submission parameters, and Tomorrow Health’s fit within the landscape of existing health plan programs and resources
- Strong presentation and group facilitation skills
- An agile, intelligent, dynamic thinker with ability to tailor messages and communications to the intended audience and respond nimbly during prospect meetings across numerous topics
- A team player that will aggressively drive towards exceeding their own quota and deliver outstanding results, but never do so at the expense of a colleague or company
- Strong network of relationships across the payer ecosystem, preferred
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision benefits
- HSA and FSA (Dependent Care and Commuter)
- Fully covered membership in One Medical for on-demand primary care, and Teladoc for 24/7 virtual care
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Free mental health support with BetterHelp through CONCERN EAP
- Short-term, and long-term disability plan availability
- Company-sponsored Life and AD&D insurance
- Educational reimbursement
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter Benefits
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Access to Vanguard 401k plan
- Unlimited vacation and 11 national holidays
- Thoughtfully curated, social-impact focused monthly hosted events including learning sessions, wellness sessions, and social events
- Personal and professional anniversary gifts
- Annual company summit in NYC
- Investor network support
Salary range for this position: $175,000 to $190,000/yr, plus equity, depending on experience and qualifications
Learn more about our core values and work with us on our careers page!
Tomorrow Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.