Director of Business Development (Hybrid)
ABOUT TOMORROW HEALTH
Tomorrow Health enables exceptional healthcare for patients and their families in the place they want to be most — home. At Tomorrow Heath, we build technology that rewires the way home-based care is ordered, delivered, and paid for. Tomorrow Health connects patients, providers, health plans, and home-based care suppliers, to ensure patients receive the correct and timely care they need to remain healthy at home.
We believe in putting patients first, that many perspectives are stronger than one, and in treating those we serve just as we would our own family members. We hope you’ll join us if you’re passionate about improving healthcare delivery, leveraging technology to help people, and working in a collaborative, diverse environment.
Tomorrow Health’s Business Development team is responsible for the full lifecycle of payor and strategic partnerships, from initial conversations to contract execution and ongoing relationship management. The Business Development team partners closely with Tomorrow Health’s product, engineering, and account management teams to close new partnerships and drive positive outcomes for our partners and patients. The Director of Business Development will be focused on leading partnerships with payors, risk-bearing providers and strategic partners to help scale Tomorrow Health’s partnership footprint and ability to drive value for all stakeholders.
We are currently looking for a Director of Business Development. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this person will focus heavily on closing health plan customers, and ensuring a value-add customer experience that results in multi-year retention of health plan clients. This is both a manager and individual contributor role. We are looking for someone who can most critically deliver tangible results (closed contracts, high customer retention, successful customer metrics year-over-year).
Some examples of work you will take on over the following months includes:
- Lead and build a best-in-class team of Business Development Associates and Managers
- Manage the execution of our overall business development strategy, from scouting and identifying new payor and strategic partner opportunities, to setting up introductory meetings, opportunity analysis, through proposal and contract negotiation
- Attend industry events and conferences to build a network of contacts and expand teams’ business relationships
- Ensure teams’ sales metrics and KPIs are being met on a weekly and monthly basis via regular assessments of progress vs forecasts, and pipeline analysis
- Develop and analyze sales strategies and results to increase overall productivity
- Partner with Marketing team members to create intriguing collateral and client stories to increase Tomorrow Health’s brand awareness and sales potential
- 7+ years of relevant business development experience within healthcare, enterprise healthcare business development, go-to-market, or client relationships management
- Has closed contracts and managed ongoing relationships with health plan customers ($1mm+ annual value)
- Exceptional ability to lead teams that sell into complex, matrix org structures
- Passion for serving partners and having large scale impact on the healthcare of thousands of people
- Motivated by early stage growth environment and comfortable with ambiguity; is adept at managing teams, but can also be an individual contributor when needed
- Management of complex sales pipelines, forecasting, and processes
- Experience coaching, mentoring, and growing a high performing business development team
- Superb communication and relationship-building skills and technology fluency
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision benefits
- HSA and FSA (Dependent Care and Commuter)
- Fully covered membership in One Medical for on-demand primary care, and Teladoc for 24/7 virtual care
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Free mental health support with BetterHelp through CONCERN EAP
- Short-term, and long-term disability plan availability
- Company-sponsored Life and AD&D insurance
- Educational reimbursement
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter Benefits
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Access to Vanguard 401k plan
- Unlimited vacation and 11 national holidays
- Thoughtfully curated, social-impact focused monthly hosted events including learning sessions, wellness sessions, and social events
- Personal and professional anniversary gifts
- Annual company summit in NYC
- Investor network support
Salary range for this position: $170,000 to $200,000/yr plus equity, depending on experience and qualifications
Learn more about our core values and work with us on our careers page!
Tomorrow Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.