Director/Senior Director, Translational Modeling
Your work will change lives. Including your own.
The Impact You’ll Make
Recursion is at the forefront of reimagining drug discovery through the integration of automated cell biology, high-dimensional and diverse data sets, and sophisticated analytics.We are seeking a highly motivated Translational modeler who will apply their technical skills and leadership to drive project decisions from discovery through early clinical development. In this role you will:
- Drive Translational PK/PD strategies for drug candidates from discovery through early clinical development with a key focus on oncology in the discovery space
- Deliver Fit-for-purpose preclinical and clinical PK/PD models to inform dose selection and optimization
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across discovery and development to drive project decisions
- Champion the application of model-informed drug discovery and development across Recursion’s portfolio and serve as a key scientific leader within the company and beyond
- Partner with industry-leading AI/ML researchers and data scientists to reimagine drug discovery and innovate in the area of translational science (e.g. by exploring innovative approaches for biomarker selection and the prediction of safety and efficacy)
Making Salt Lake City your home base is ideal, however, we will consider remote work for this position. We ask that remote employees commit to regular on-site visits for routine work and departmental events.
The Team You’ll Join
You will join the Development Sciences team within Recursion comprising toxicology, translational modeling and clinical pharmacology, and will report to the head of Development Sciences. The Development Sciences group is the Early Development arm of Recursion, and collaborates closely with discovery functions including DMPK, Biology, Chemistry, and Translational Biomarkers to move projects from Discovery into Early Clinical Development. The team sits within Recursion’s Clinical Development organization and also supports Recursion’s Development programs with Clinical Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Modeling input. Team members get to sit on both Discovery and Development projects and work in a seamless end-to-end environment at Recursion.
The Experience You’ll Need
- PhD, PharmD or MS degree in a relevant discipline such as Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacology, Bioengineering or a related field
- 5+ years’ experience in translational PK/PD modeling in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Strong proficiency in PK/PD modeling software and programming languages such as NONMEM, PHOENIX/WINNONLIN, MONOLIX, MATLAB, and R
- Understanding of ADME and human PK prediction techniques for small molecules, and understanding of mechanistic PK and PK/PD approaches such as PBPK, Quantitative Systems Pharmacology/Toxicology
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills and proven success working on cross functional drug discovery and development teams
- Direct experience working on oncology drug discovery and development preferred
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
More About Recursion
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Learn more at www.recursion.com, or connect on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.
Something looks off?