Winter Intern, Accountant
Your work will change lives. Including your own.
Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. We are working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
You will play an active role in Recursion’s SEC reporting and U.S. GAAP compliance processes. You will prepare, analyze and report on financial results, creating accounting policies and serving as a key resource to help interpret and provide solutions to technical accounting and business issues.
The Team You’ll Join
As part of the Financial Reporting team, you will have broad exposure to numerous teams within Recursion and build strong internal business partnerships. You will also interact with several external business partners.
The Experience you’ll have
- Assist in the preparation of the financial statements, footnotes and MD&A for inclusion in quarterly and annual SEC filings, while ensuring compliance with all reporting and disclosure requirements under U.S. GAAP and the SEC (including XBRL).
- Assist with research on technical accounting topics, writing accounting position memos and implementing new accounting standards.
- Work on Recursion’s Sarbanes-Oxley 404 processes, policies and procedures.
- Assist with cross-functional projects on an ad-hoc basis, including with the Financial Planning and Analysis group’s planning processes.
- Assist with key accounting processes including stock-based compensation, leases, goodwill, intangibles and revenue.
- Partner with the Legal and Investor Relations groups and support preparation of financial communications, including earnings releases and the annual report.
- Critically assess financial reporting information received from other functions and service providers to determine its impact on Recursion’s reporting.
- Help coordinate quarterly review processes and audit procedures with external auditors.
- Interface with the finance leadership team, outside public accountants and attorneys, internal legal, tax and other departments.
- Critically focus on continuous improvement initiatives that increase the efficiency, accuracy, and timeliness of all financial reporting deliverables.
- Studying for an undergraduate or graduate degree in Accounting.
- 3 - 4 years of completed college experience (finished junior year or senior year and working towards 150 credits).
- A strong academic record, including course work that is relevant to this role.
- Intent and plan for passing the CPA exam.
- Strong work ethic and sense of personal responsibility for work outcomes.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word and Powerpoint. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics, Workiva, XBRL, and other software a plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to work effectively with all levels and functions in the organization.
- Must be flexible, organized and able to accurately work under time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks, build relationships and to influence effectively in ambiguous situations.
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
More About Recursion
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.