Senior Information Security Compliance Manager
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.
About the Role:
Planet is seeking an experienced Information Security Compliance Manager to join our dynamic Security team. In this critical role, you will be responsible for managing the governance, risk, and compliance for various compliance frameworks, including ISO 27001, UK Cyber Essentials, SOX, NIST 800-171 standards. As an Information Security Compliance Manager, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the security and compliance of our information systems and data, providing expert guidance, and driving continuous improvement in our security posture across corporate security and the enterprise.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Develop and maintain information security policies, procedures, and guidelines that align with ISO 27001, SOX, NIST 800-171, and UK cyber essentials requirements
- Lead Planets Information Security Management System (ISMS) in accordance with ISO 27001 standards
- Oversee the Information Security compliance efforts for Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) requirements related to information security controls and reporting
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to establish and enforce information security policies, procedures, and standards
- Conduct risk assessments, gap analyses, and control assessments to identify and mitigate security risks
- Develop and implement a robust vendor and third-party risk management program to assess and monitor the security posture of external partners
- Conduct due diligence assessments of third-party vendors to ensure they meet security and compliance requirements
- Collaborate with the incident response team to ensure that GRC activities are aligned with incident response procedures and that potential risks are adequately addressed
- Participate in post-incident reviews to identify weaknesses in the GRC program and recommend improvements to prevent future incidents
- Collaborate with the training and awareness team to develop and deliver GRC-related training programs for employees to ensure they understand their roles in compliance and risk management
- Building and maturing Planets security compliance across corporate, product, and manufacturing
- Fostering greater consistency of security compliance across the company
- Authoring, maintaining, and maturing policies, procedures, and standard documents
- Building and maintaining Planets Corporate Security function that supports and enables internal and external customers
- Building upon existing once a year certifications and audits to continuous compliance
What You Bring:
- Excellent understanding of information security principles, practices, and technologies
- Excellent knowledge of compliance frameworks, regulations, and standards
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with risk assessment methodologies and tools
- Passion for identifying opportunities to improve policies, processes, and procedures, and socializing ideas with colleagues toward fostering common cause
- Passion for improving the status quo and making teams work better together
- 5-7 years of Governance, Risk, and Compliance experience
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience leading and maturing compliance initiatives while enabling teams across the company to scale and mature
- Experience building and fostering security compliance relationships across the corporate landscape
- Experience managing complex compliance requirements through automation and reducing compliance overhead across Planet
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
The US base salary range for this full-time position at the commencement of employment is $109,800 - $108,600. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary short-term and long-term incentives (bonus and equity). The final salary range is determined by job related experience, skills and location. The range displays our typical hiring range for new hire salaries in US locations only. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Know Your Rights.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the hiring process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.