Customer Success Manager
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.
About the Role:
The customer success team at Planet is seeking a new Customer Success Manager. We are looking for a geospatial expert who will help us build and maintain relationships with Planet customers who are using our platform and imagery. Your mission will be to become a trusted advisor to our customers, keep them informed about product updates and industry trends. Maintaining a human-centered approach, you will help drive value realization and return on the client’s investment. We would love to meet a candidate who understands the benefits of remote sensing data in the context of different platforms, is able to guide the customer in navigating them and identify the best fit.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Build and maintain long-lasting customer relationships, in particular with our customers using Sentinel Hub
- Explain and train customer on different Planet platforms, product and solutions
- Assist customers to expand their usage and adoption of our products
- Onboarding and training of new clients
- Co-own contract renewal with sales
- Provide excellent customer experience, ensure successful delivery of our services, produce timely solutions according to customer needs and goals
- Communicate consistently with clients throughout the contract life-cycle, escalating important issues where needed
- Work closely with sales representatives and other teams across the company
- Bring in domain knowledge and be the trusted advisor to our Sentinel hub customers
What You Bring:
- 2+ years of experience in Customer Success, account management or similar
- Good working knowledge of remote sensing, GIS or geospatial imagery products
- Excellent technical background, experience with remote sensing platforms and solutions
- Ability to successfully communicate and coordinate with international customers & sales teams
- Solid problem solving skills, proactive work style and ability to work independently
- Background and passion for agriculture, forestry or environmental sciences
- Excitement to partner with leading global companies on scaling innovative technologies, understanding industry workflows and needs
- Experience in earth observation and related fields
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Willingness to travel
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Working proficiency in another European language
- 2+ years of experience working Sentinel Hub platform and products
- Technical affinity around APIs or scripting
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Additional company winter holidays and regular global days off
- Remote friendly work environment and flexible working hours
- Contribution to our growth by offering equity options for employees
- Giving back to the community - one day per quarter for charitable work
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Home office budget
- Employee Resource Groups providing empowering spaces for connection and mentorship
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.
Something looks off?