Senior Actuarial Analyst (Remote, US)
Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up. We are re-envisioning and enhancing every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of exceptional, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets, spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
Now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why
- It’s working. We’re in multiple states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well-backed & stable. We closed our $100M Series D fundraise. We are supported by some of the top investors globally, including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures, Advance Venture Partners, Eden Global Partners, and Clocktower Technology Ventures.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
We are seeking a Senior Actuarial Analyst to join the Research team at Openly. You will play a critical role in guiding strategic decisions across insurance product, reinsurance, and operations by providing insight into various future growth and profitability outcomes. In addition to performing comprehensive analysis, we will continuously improve the underlying models and analytical frameworks – leveraging cutting edge technology and data science methods to maximize signal extraction from our rapidly growing data.
As a member of the Actuarial & Product Analysis team within Insurance Product Research, you will be supported by data scientists and actuarial engineers. We are looking for a self-motivated, high-energy individual who thrives in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment.
Out tech stack consists of GitHub, GCP/BigQuery, Python.
- Enhance and expand our loss and premium forecasting capabilities, revolutionize our approach to monitoring actual outcomes, uncover insights, and translate findings into valuable product enhancement recommendations, driving the success of the organization.
- Collaborate closely with our Actuarial Engineering and Prediction Engineering teams, leveraging advanced modeling tools to construct a durable forecasting framework, harnessing the power of cutting-edge technology and data-driven insights to develop a robust system that enables accurate and insightful forecasts.
- Support the refinement of our actuarial analytics framework by contributing to the design of enhancements or exploring the development of fresh methodologies and approaches.
- Collaborate cross-functionally - gaining broad perspective into drivers of business results and offer data-driven recommendations across the company.
- 3+ years of experience in insurance pricing, preferably with experience in personal lines insurance pricing
- Progress made towards ACAS/FCAS designations (preferably 5+ exams)
- Experience working in SQL.
- Demonstrated aptitude for working in Python.
- Ability to operate in ambiguity – identifying/defining complex business problems and developing creative analytical solutions.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Homeowners insurance experience is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits:
The target salary range represents the budgeted salary range for this position. Actual compensation for this position will be determined based on the successful candidate's experience and skills. We are committed to providing a compensation package that not only reflects the responsibilities and requirements of the role, but also the unique expertise that the chosen candidate will bring to our team.
The full salary range shows the min to max salary range for this position. Actual compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications and determined based on various factors including the candidate's qualifications, skills, and experience.
Benefits & Perks
- Remote-First Culture - We supported #remotelife long before it was a given. We'll keep promoting it.
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plan Offerings
- Life and disability coverage including voluntary options
- Competitive PTO - 20 days and 11 paid holidays (including floating holidays) per year under the Company’s vacation and holiday policies.
- Parental Leave - up to 8 weeks (320 hours) of paid parental leave based on meeting eligibility requirements
(Birthing parents may be eligible for additional leave through STD)
- 401K Company Contribution - Openly contributes 3% of the employee's gross income, even if the employee does not contribute.
- Work-from-home stipend - We provide a $1,500 allowance to spend on setting up your home workplace
- Annual Professional Development Fund: Each employee has $2,000 in professional development (PD) funds to spend on activities or resources annually. We want each Openly employee to achieve personal and professional success and to feel supported, confident, and informed about improving their efficiency and productivity.
- Be Well Program - Employees receive $50 per month to use towards your overall well-being
- Paid Volunteer Service Hours
- Referral Program and Reward
Depending on position, Employees generally are eligible for cash incentive compensation, including commissions for sales eligible roles. In all cases, eligibility for compensation and benefits is subject to applicable plan and policy terms in effect from time to time.
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer and currently residing in the US will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities under applicable law.