IT Manager - Support (Remote, US)
Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up. We are re-envisioning and enhancing every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of exceptional, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets, spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
Now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why
- It’s working. We’re in multiple states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well-backed & stable. We closed our $100M Series D fundraise. We are supported by some of the top investors globally, including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures, Advance Venture Partners, Eden Global Partners, and Clocktower Technology Ventures.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
As an IT Manager - Support at Openly, you’re leading, growing and mentoring a strategic, impactful and highly respected team of IT support professionals. You’re closely collaborating with your peers in Corporate IT, Security, and Engineering to support the technology needs of our rapidly growing company. You love uncovering inefficiencies, improving processes, and problem solving.
- Provide hands-on coaching and people management for a team of IT support professionals
- Help develop and maintain high-quality support standards and SLAs; maintain and leverage metrics on the team’s performance
- Manage large and complex initiatives, ensuring their on-time delivery
- Work closely with other IT managers, CTO and Head of Security to develop roadmaps toward a strategic company goal
- Stay current with new technology and cybersecurity best practices; make recommendations for efficiency
- Collaborate with Procurement Team to ensure asset inventory is up-to-date and recommend new hardware standards when necessary
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
Communication & Leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- 3+ years managing a team of support or customer service professionals
- BS degree in Computer Science, IT, related technical discipline or equivalent years of experience
- Experience with IT service management (ITSM) frameworks and ticketing systems for incident and request management, specifically Jira Service Management.
- Experience with MDM (Jamf) implementation and administration
- Experience supporting a mixed device ecosystem with both Mac OS and Windows operating systems
- Google Workspace Admin Certification or 3 years experience administering a G-Suite/Workspace environment
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to diagnose and resolve complex technical issues involving multiple parties
- Proactive mindset, continuously seeking opportunities for process improvement, automation, and optimization within our technology stack and related workflows.
- Experience with scripting and automation to reduce repetitive tasks, enforce consistent processes, and enhance productivity
Compensation & Benefits:
The target salary range represents the budgeted salary range for this position. Actual compensation for this position will be determined based on the successful candidate's experience and skills. We are committed to providing a compensation package that not only reflects the responsibilities and requirements of the role, but also the unique expertise that the chosen candidate will bring to our team.
The full salary range shows the min to max salary range for this position. Actual compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications and determined based on various factors including the candidate's qualifications, skills, and experience.
Benefits & Perks
- Remote-First Culture - We supported #remotelife long before it was a given. We'll keep promoting it.
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plan Offerings
- Life and disability coverage including voluntary options
- Competitive PTO - 20 days and 11 paid holidays (including floating holidays) per year under the Company’s vacation and holiday policies.
- Parental Leave - up to 8 weeks (320 hours) of paid parental leave
- 401K Company Contribution - Openly contributes 3% of the employee's gross income, even if the employee does not contribute.
- Work-from-home stipend - We provide a $1,500 allowance to spend on setting up your home workplace
- Annual Professional Development Fund: Each employee has $2,000 in professional development (PD) funds to spend on activities or resources annually. We want each Openly employee to achieve personal and professional success and to feel supported, confident, and informed about improving their efficiency and productivity.
- Be Well Program - Employees receive $50 per month to use towards your overall well-being
- Paid Volunteer Service Hours
- Referral Program and Reward
Depending on position, Employees generally are eligible for cash incentive compensation, including commissions for sales eligible roles. In all cases, eligibility for compensation and benefits is subject to applicable plan and policy terms in effect from time to time.
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer and currently residing in the US will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities under applicable law.