Provider Outreach Manager- Bay Area, California
About the Company:
Octave is a modern behavioral health practice creating a new standard for care delivery that’s both high-quality and accessible to more people. With in-person and virtual clinics in California, Connecticut, Florida, New Jersey, New York, Texas, and Washington D.C., the company offers personalized care plans that can include individual, couples, and family therapy, while pioneering relationships with payers to make care more affordable through insurance. By raising the bar on how care is delivered and how providers are supported, we are building a sustainable system that values equity, affordability, and effectiveness.
About the Role:
Our growth is fueled by our strong relationships in the healthcare industry. The Provider Outreach Manager is responsible for cultivating and deepening relationships with health systems and primary care providers within their territory in order to build awareness of Octave’s mental health services and generate patient referrals. As a critical contributor to growth, the Provider Outreach Manager is expected to build and manage a funnel of opportunities leading to new referral growth and predictable ongoing referral volume. This role reports to the Head of Business Development.
- Build and manage a funnel of opportunities for referral from health systems and primary care providers within a specified territory.
- Establish new relationships with providers through direct outreach both in person and over phone/e-mail, generating new patient referrals from providers who have not previously referred to Octave.
- Maintain existing relationships with providers and office staff who have actively referred to Octave, and generate consistent and predictable referral growth for Octave, while identifying opportunities to better serve our referral partners.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to ensure marketing, clinical and operational support are aligned to support the achievement of referral growth targets.
- Use Salesforce CRM as the primary tool to help plan and manage day to day activities, and to provide strategic and tactical insights to management.
- Maintain ongoing local market knowledge of needs, trends, competition and opportunities, keeping management close to the voice of our customers and partners.
- With an entrepreneurial mindset, proactively and creatively identify the most effective means to target, engage, qualify, and secure referrals from providers.
- Provide regular reporting to management on territory plans, sales activities, and referral volume and forecasts.
- Located in (or able to travel throughout) Greater San Francisco Bay Area or Orange County/San Diego, California.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in an Outreach Manager (or similar) role.
- BS or BA degree required.
- Ability to travel locally for meetings with potential referral partners (SF Bay or O.C.).
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license.
- Comfort with video conferencing, scheduling, and CRM technologies.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Familiarity with sales processes, and territory management.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM system.
- Planning and organizational skills with strong attention to detail and follow up.
- Proficiency with Google Suite, including Google Sheets and Excel.
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry and current trends.
- Ability to thrive in an agile, dynamic environment.
- Passion for and advocate of mental health.
Octave's Company Values:
The below values drive our day-to-day operations.
- We’re human beings first. We operate with empathy and kindness – with our clients, with our collaborators, and with ourselves.
- People deserve better than status quo. We’re willing to tackle the intractable problems, no matter how big, because someone should. We ask big questions, we craft big solutions, and we challenge ourselves and others to make it happen.
- No bystanders. No stars. No tourists. Each person has been selected to be here, and with that comes a responsibility to bring your expertise, share your ideas, and help make this company better.
- Partnership paves the path ahead. We don’t operate in a silo, internally or externally. To transform the system, we believe in working with others to create something bigger, better, and stronger.
- Quality is crucial at scale. Quality is core to our business, and we refuse to sacrifice it as we grow.
- Progress is a process. In the pursuit of progress, we iterate, reflect, learn, adjust – and always leave things better than we found them.
- There are people behind every data point. We recognize that numbers tell only one part of the story, and we also do the work to understand impacts at the individual level.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to frequently communicate with others through virtual meeting applications such as Zoom and Google Meet.
- Must be able to observe and communicate information on company provided laptop.
- Move up to 10 pounds on occasion.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future.
Octave is committed to pay equity. To maintain our commitment to pay equity, Octave will follow Pay Transparency regulations on all open job postings. Current Pay Transparency laws require companies to include a position's salary or hourly wage range (not including bonuses or equity-based compensation) in any internal or external job posting. This requirement extends to job postings published by a third party at an employer's request.
Octave will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Octave’s legal duty to furnish information.
Starting pay for qualified applicants will depend on a combination of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. The expected salary range for this role is set forth below and this range may be modified in the future.
The salary range for this role: $78,100 - $112,200, plus quarterly target bonus incentives based on performance.
Additionally, this position is eligible for the following benefits: company sponsored life insurance, disability and AD&D plans. Voluntary benefits such as 401k retirement, medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, dependent care and commuter/parking options are also available. Octave offers generous Paid Time Off as well as paid parental leave benefits.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please complete the following application. Please note that the U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information questions below are used for the purposes of EEOC reporting and are optional to complete. Octave is unable to change these questions and we acknowledge that many of the U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information questions are not inclusive or affirming of all aspects of cultural identity. Octave is committed to an inclusive workplace environment, and this information will not inform how we approach hiring or employment.