Revenue Operations Credentialing Specialist
About the Company:
Octave is a modern behavioral health practice creating a new standard for care delivery that’s both high-quality and accessible to more people. With in-person and virtual clinics in California, Connecticut, Florida, New Jersey, New York, Texas, and Washington D.C., the company offers personalized care plans that can include individual, couples, and family therapy, while pioneering relationships with payers to make care more affordable through insurance. By raising the bar on how care is delivered and how providers are supported, we are building a sustainable system that values equity, affordability, and effectiveness.
About the Role:
As a Revenue Operations Credentialing Specialist, you will be responsible for ensuring that all providers are credentialed and renewed with payors in a timely manner while meeting the needs of various stakeholders including providers, operations and revenue cycle. You have a strong desire to build and maintain systems with a keen attention to detail and follow up while working towards the companies overarching strategic goals. You are comfortable in a fast paced, high-growth environment and embrace the variability and opportunity this presents. You are a self starter and are motivated by solving problems.
This position reports to the Credentialing Manager and is fully remote currently. The position can remain fully-remote permanently (with a willingness to travel infrequently to the San Francisco office, either quarterly or semi-annually depending on business needs.
- Work with providers to ensure completion of enrollment profiles.
- Monitor and track provider enrollment applications through various payors.
- Create relationships across various stakeholder groups internal and external.
- Interact with health plans as needed to ensure accurate provider data is present.
- Maintain reviewing and validating provider rosters across various payor portals.
- Ensure all internal systems are kept up to date with the most recent provider information.
- Support documentation of processes and train teammates as needed.
- Preferred 1+ year experience in credentialing.
- Preferred 3 years experience in healthcare setting.
- Very strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in GSuite, MS office and excel.
- Experience using various portals and systems, like CAQH and Salesforce.
- Process oriented thinking.
- Strong prioritization skills.
- Take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable in an ambiguous, fast paced environment where all processes might not be fully fleshed out.
- Critical thinker who enjoys solving complex problems.
- Holds self and others accountable to meet deadlines and deliverables.
- Effective and empathetic communicator who knows ones audience and can tailor messaging as needed.
- Calm and clear in conflict resolution with skill in de-escalation when needed.
- Be a lifelong learner, curious and kind striving towards continuous improvement.
Octave's Company Values:
The below values drive our day-to-day operations.
- We’re human beings first. We operate with empathy and kindness – with our clients, with our collaborators, and with ourselves.
- People deserve better than status quo. We’re willing to tackle the intractable problems, no matter how big, because someone should. We ask big questions, we craft big solutions, and we challenge ourselves and others to make it happen.
- No bystanders. No stars. No tourists. Each person has been selected to be here, and with that comes a responsibility to bring your expertise, share your ideas, and help make this company better.
- Partnership paves the path ahead. We don’t operate in a silo, internally or externally. To transform the system, we believe in working with others to create something bigger, better, and stronger.
- Quality is crucial at scale. Quality is core to our business, and we refuse to sacrifice it as we grow.
- Progress is a process. In the pursuit of progress, we iterate, reflect, learn, adjust – and always leave things better than we found them.
- There are people behind every data point. We recognize that numbers tell only one part of the story, and we also do the work to understand impacts at the individual level.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to frequently communicate with others through virtual meeting applications such as Zoom and Google Meet.
- Must be able to observe and communicate information on company provided laptop.
- Move up to 10 pounds on occasion.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future.
Octave is committed to pay equity. To maintain our commitment to pay equity, Octave will follow Pay Transparency regulations on all open job postings. Current Pay Transparency laws require companies to include a position's salary or hourly wage range (not including bonuses or equity-based compensation) in any internal or external job posting. This requirement extends to job postings published by a third party at an employer's request.
Octave will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Octave’s legal duty to furnish information.
Starting pay for qualified applicants will depend on a combination of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. The expected salary range for this role is set forth below and this range may be modified in the future.
The salary range for this role is $21.00 - $25.00 per hour.
Additionally, this position is eligible for the following benefits: company sponsored life insurance, disability and AD&D plans. Voluntary benefits such as 401k retirement, medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, dependent care and commuter/parking options are also available. Octave offers generous Paid Time Off as well as paid parental leave benefits.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please complete the following application. Please note that the U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information questions below are used for the purposes of EEOC reporting and are optional to complete. Octave is unable to change these questions and we acknowledge that many of the U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information questions are not inclusive or affirming of all aspects of cultural identity. Octave is committed to an inclusive workplace environment, and this information will not inform how we approach hiring or employment.