About the Company
Octave is a modern behavioral health practice creating a new standard for care delivery that’s both high-quality and accessible to more people. With in-person and virtual clinics in California, Connecticut, Florida, New Jersey, New York, Texas, and Washington D.C., the company offers personalized care plans that can include individual, couples, and family therapy, while pioneering relationships with payers to make care more affordable through insurance. By raising the bar on how care is delivered and how providers are supported, we are building a sustainable system that values equity, affordability, and effectiveness.
About The Role:
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Accounting Manager is an integral member of the Finance team and will own the general ledger accounting function for financial reporting. This individual has a strong accounting background, high level of work integrity and ethical standards. The role will utilize attention to detail, strong communication, collaboration, technical accounting expertise, and analytical skills to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Ensures a safe, secure, and compliant work environment.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Build and manage a high-performing team, including hiring, training, and development.
- Provide leadership to the team, including setting goals, providing guidance, and ensuring the team's overall success.
- Set performance expectations and goals for team members. Conduct regular performance evaluations, provide feedback, and address performance issues.
- Identify skill gaps within the team and develop strategies for filling those gaps. Support employee development through training, mentoring, and coaching. Identify high-potential employees and create succession plans.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Accounting team, ensuring the achievement of goals and objectives.
- Oversee and assist with general ledger accounting in accordance with GAAP, including revenue recognition and intercompany eliminations
- Enhance and monitor accounting processes and workflows to improve efficiency, productivity and accuracy.
- Oversee and monitor both remote and offshore resources specific to accounting functions, ensuring achievement of SLA’s and departmental goals
- Record and reconcile revenue and accounts receivables
- Assist in reconciling cash receipts from payers (insurance companies) against Accounts Receivable and patient visit reports
- Assist in the production of accurate monthly financial statements for multiple operating entities and consolidated financial statements
- Perform variance analysis and identify financial trends
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Assist with the annual financial statement audit
- Support month-end and year-end close process including preparing and/or reviewing account reconciliations
- Foster a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Organized, self-starter, with proven ability to work remotely efficiently and productively
- Demonstrated strong technical accounting skills with the ability to research, reconcile general ledger accounts, document findings and write policies in accordance with GAAP
- Demonstrated high level Excel skills
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the near future
Education & Experience
- CPA license required
- 5+ years progressive accounting and/or finance experience
- Recent public accounting experience auditing public/private companies; experience in healthcare industry preferred
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to frequently communicate with others through virtual meeting applications such as Zoom and Google Meet.
- Must be able to observe and communicate information on a company provided laptop.
- Move up to 10 pounds on occasion.
Octave's Company Values:
The below values drive our day-to-day operations.
- We’re human beings first. We operate with empathy and kindness – with our clients, with our collaborators, and with ourselves.
People deserve better than status quo. We’re willing to tackle the intractable problems, no matter how big, because someone should. We ask big questions, we craft big solutions, and we challenge ourselves and others to make it happen.
- No bystanders. No stars. No tourists. Each person has been selected to be here, and with that comes a responsibility to bring your expertise, share your ideas, and help make this company better.
- Partnership paves the path ahead. We don’t operate in a silo, internally or externally. To transform the system, we believe in working with others to create something bigger, better, and stronger.
- Quality is crucial at scale. Quality is core to our business, and we refuse to sacrifice it as we grow.
- Progress is a process. In the pursuit of progress, we iterate, reflect, learn, adjust – and always leave things better than we found them.
- There are people behind every data point. We recognize that numbers tell only one part of the story, and we also do the work to understand impacts at the individual level.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to frequently communicate with others through virtual meeting applications such as Zoom and Google Meet
- Must be able to observe and communicate information on company provided laptop
- Move up to 10 pounds on occasion
Octave is committed to pay equity. To maintain our commitment to pay equity, Octave will follow Pay Transparency regulations on all open job postings. Current Pay Transparency laws require companies to include a position's salary or hourly wage range (not including bonuses or equity-based compensation) in any internal or external job posting. This requirement extends to job postings published by a third party at an employer's request.
Octave will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Octave’s legal duty to furnish information.
Starting pay for qualified applicants will depend on a combination of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. The expected salary range for this role is set forth below and this range may be modified in the future.
The expected salary range for this role is $125,000 - $150,000
Additionally, this position is eligible for the following benefits: company sponsored life insurance, disability and AD&D plans. Voluntary benefits such as 401k retirement, medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, dependent care and commuter/parking options are also available. Octave offers generous Paid Time Off as well as paid parental leave benefits.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please complete the following application. Please note that the U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information questions below are used for the purposes of EEOC reporting and are optional to complete. Octave is unable to change these questions and we acknowledge that many of the U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information questions are not inclusive or affirming of all aspects of cultural identity. Octave is committed to an inclusive workplace environment, and this information will not inform how we approach hiring or employment.