Business Operations & Insights Manager
The Business Operations & Insights Manager - Clinical will be responsible for the collection, analysis, and interpretation of clinical data with the objective of identifying trends and areas for improvement in patient care and operational efficiency. This role will collaborate closely with several teams at Octave, including Clinical Operations, Data, Partnerships, and Product, and will provide actionable insights that inform data-driven decision-making. In addition, the Business Operations & Insights Manager - Clinical will be responsible for creating executive-level reports for internal and external partners, and handling ad-hoc requests from the C-suite. The successful candidate will have a strong analytics and insights generation background, and experience working with clinical teams.
Data analysis and operational improvement
- Comprehensively analyze clinical data, such as provider utilization, length of patient treatment, outcomes measures, and clinical progress, and layer in operational context to draw key insights
- Leverage data to identify trends and areas for improvement in patient experience, patient outcomes, and operational efficiency.
- Analyze patient demand and behavior to make recommendations around provider staff needs, and work with Clinical and Talent Acquisition teams to mobilize on these
- Collaborate with Clinical Operations teams to monitor progress and suggest adjustments based on data insights.
- Evaluate individual, market, and overall trends to inform company-wide strategic decisions.
- Prepare and present executive-level reports on various metrics including provider utilization, diagnostic usage, and overall clinical trends.
- Proactively identify opportunities for quality improvement and operational efficiency based on data analysis.
- Respond to ad-hoc analysis requests from external partners and executive leadership with accuracy and urgency.
- Utilize data-driven insights to propose actionable recommendations for improving clinical care and operational procedures.
- Lead or contribute to clinical operations projects aimed at achieving specific goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with clinical teams and other stakeholders to initiate pilot projects for testing the efficacy of proposed changes, based on data analysis.
- 5-7 years of experience, with at least 2 years in management consulting, investment banking, or corporate strategy.
- Experience in the Healthcare sector, and track record of collaborating with clinical and data engineering teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in a data-driven field (e.g., Informatics, Statistics, Engineering, Business); Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong communication skills, capable of conveying complex data in simple terms.
- Strong presentation skills, including experience presenting and communicating with executives and external partners.
- Proficiency in data visualization software (e.g., Tableau, Power BI), database management systems (e.g., SQL), and statistical software (e.g., R, SAS, SPSS) is a plus.
- Familiarity with healthcare compliance and data privacy regulations.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to frequently communicate with others through virtual meeting applications such as Zoom and Google Meet.
- Must be able to observe and communicate information on company provided laptop.
- Move up to 10 pounds on occasion.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future.
Octave is committed to pay equity. To maintain our commitment to pay equity, Octave will follow Pay Transparency regulations on all open job postings. Current Pay Transparency laws require companies to include a position's salary or hourly wage range (not including bonuses or equity-based compensation) in any internal or external job posting. This requirement extends to job postings published by a third party at an employer's request.
Octave will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Octave’s legal duty to furnish information.
Starting pay for qualified applicants will depend on a combination of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. The expected salary range for this role is set forth below and this range may be modified in the future.
The salary range for this role is $135,000- $170,000 annually.
Additionally, this position is eligible for the following benefits: company sponsored life insurance, disability and AD&D plans. Voluntary benefits such as 401k retirement, medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, dependent care and commuter/parking options are also available. Octave offers generous Paid Time Off as well as paid parental leave benefits.
Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship now or anytime in the future.
Please complete the following application. Please note that the U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information questions below are used for the purposes of EEOC reporting and are optional to complete. Octave is unable to change these questions and we acknowledge that many of the U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information questions are not inclusive or affirming of all aspects of cultural identity. Octave is committed to an inclusive workplace environment, and this information will not inform how we approach hiring or employment.