Clinician (Contractor, Florida)
About the Company
Octave is a modern behavioral health practice creating a new standard for care delivery that’s both high-quality and accessible to more people. With in-person and virtual clinics in California, Connecticut, Florida, New Jersey, New York, Texas, and Washington D.C., the company offers personalized care plans that can include individual, couples, and family therapy, while pioneering relationships with payers to make care more affordable through insurance. By raising the bar on how care is delivered and how providers are supported, we are building a sustainable system that values equity, affordability, and effectiveness.
About the Role
Octave is hiring Licensed Clinicians to work within an organizational structure to provide high quality behavioral health care to our clients. Octave Clinicians will join a diverse clinical team in providing therapy in a collaborative, client-centered, evolving environment. Octave Clinicians demonstrate strong clinical service thinking, informed by evidence-informed therapies. It is our effort to drive quality access and customize mental health treatment plans and service delivery for our clients. We are looking for therapists interested in a contractor position. You will treat adult clients with stress, depression, anxiety, or other mental health concerns via video, using short-term, evidence-based therapies. Candidates must be licensed in FL at the masters or doctoral level, well-versed in evidence-based therapies, like CBT or DBT, and expert in the delivery of culturally responsive care. We are primarily seeking individuals who are available to work before 9am EST and after 5pm EST.
- Passionate about expanding access to high-quality mental health care.
- Skilled at providing short-term, evidence-based therapies to a diverse range of adult clients.
- Adept at building and maintaining a strong therapeutic alliance.
- Willing to deliver feedback-informed care using standardized measures.
- Expert at providing culturally responsive and culturally competent care.
- Open to learning from your colleagues and clients.
- Someone who thrives in a culture of thoughtful feedback and transparency.
- PsyD, PhD, LMFT, LCSW, or LMHC
- Current License in Florida.
- Located in Florida.
- Certain payor relationships may exclude you from employment.
- Master’s Degree or higher from an accredited school of Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or Marriage, or Family and Child Counseling.
- Must be registered with the Florida Board of Psychology as an LMFT, LCSW, or LMHC.
- Clinicians are required to maintain appropriate licensure through the Florida Board of Psychology.
- At least 2 years of experience preferred in one or more of the following areas:
- CBT for depression or anxiety
- DBT for emotion dysregulation
- Unified Protocol for emotional distress
- CPT or PE for trauma
Octave's Company Values:
The below values drive our day-to-day operations.
- We’re human beings first. We operate with empathy and kindness – with our clients, with our collaborators, and with ourselves.
- People deserve better than status quo. We’re willing to tackle the intractable problems, no matter how big, because someone should. We ask big questions, we craft big solutions, and we challenge ourselves and others to make it happen.
- No bystanders. No stars. No tourists. Each person has been selected to be here, and with that comes a responsibility to bring your expertise, share your ideas, and help make this company better.
- Partnership paves the path ahead. We don’t operate in a silo, internally or externally. To transform the system, we believe in working with others to create something bigger, better, and stronger.
- Quality is crucial at scale. Quality is core to our business, and we refuse to sacrifice it as we grow.
- Progress is a process. In the pursuit of progress, we iterate, reflect, learn, adjust – and always leave things better than we found them.
- There are people behind every data point. We recognize that numbers tell only one part of the story, and we also do the work to understand impacts at the individual level.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to frequently communicate with others through virtual meeting applications such as Zoom and Google Meet.
- Must be able to observe and communicate information on company provided laptop.
- Move up to 10 pounds on occasion.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future.
Starting pay for qualified applicants will depend on a combination of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. The expected salary range for this role is set forth below and this range may be modified in the future.
The hourly compensation range for this role is listed below dependent on licensure:
- $90-120 per hour for master's level license
- $90-130 per hour for doctoral level license
Please complete the following application. Please note that the U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information questions below are used for the purposes of EEOC reporting and are optional to complete. Octave is unable to change these questions and we acknowledge that many of the U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information questions are not inclusive or affirming of all aspects of cultural identity. Octave is committed to an inclusive workplace environment, and this information will not inform how we approach hiring or employment.