Avionic Test Engineer
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 950 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
The System Testing team is responsible for various disciplines covering component, system, and whole aircraft tests. It is set up in three divisions: Testing, Test Management and Test Operations. Our team runs tests that facilitate certification, development, and research for the technology areas: Propulsion Systems, Energy Storage, Structures, Environmental Tests, and Hardware in the Loop (HIL).
You will report directly the Engineering Manager of Integration & Environmental Tests, you will be working on Avionics System Integration, open and closed loop Hardware In the Loop (HIL) simulation of aircraft systems and subsystems, and also data acquisition (DAQ) set up for the tests.
As HIL Engineer you will be responsible for the design and integration of sophisticated test rigs, implementation of semi/fully automated test cases within a system integration and testing environment including the instrumentation, test execution, data recording, evaluating the test results and the corresponding problem reporting. In your daily work you will closely collaborate with our world most talented development team members in different disciplinaries like avionics, autonomous flight, propulsion, energy etc.
As HIL Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Design and develop HIL test benches/rigs for the system and sub-system level tests of aircraft.
- Identification of instrumentation requirements in relation to aircraft, system and sub-system specifications.
- Design and develop custom test equipment for data acquisition, measurement, failure injection etc. including creation of procedures and documentation.
- Design and develop custom test equipment for System Integration system with Avionics or Integrated Modular Avionics Systems.
- Integration of HIL test rigs, plant models and real subsystem of aircraft to the closed loop HIL test setup to provide end to end representation of the aircraft.
- Take the ownership of critical aspects of the system verification cycle.
- Develop the System integration test procedures for ATA-23/ATA-34/ATA-42 systems.
- Perform the test execution with automated test tools and measurement equipment for verification and validation activities.
- Evaluation of test reports and the test results.
- Creation of Failure Analysis Reports/defect reporting when required.
- Report and discuss test results with the system development team.
- Work on any ad hoc related tasks or projects provided by management.
- Electrical/Electronics, Aerospace, Mechatronics Engineering, Physics or a related field required.
- At least 3-5 years of verification experience in ATA-23/ATA-34/ATA-42 systems.
- Knowledge of Avionics Communications and DO Standards.
- Work experience with ARP-4754A, DO-297, DO-178C and DO-331
- Good to have knowledge of standard ARINC 661, ARINC 653, ARINC 664
- Min of 3-5 years of professional hands-on experience with Matlab/Simulink, Simulink-RT Modelling, Labview RT and interfacing electronic control unit features into HIL framework.
- Experience in test & test rig instrumentation, test execution & data processing .
- Experience and familiarity with HIL test systems like Speedgoat, or NI.
- Strong knowledge of Bus modelling & Simulation and HIL development Experience and knowledge in electrical and communication architectures.
- Good understanding of network protocols like, CAN, ARINC,RS422/485, UART, ethernet.
- Good understanding of mechatronics basics on sensors, actuators and controller systems.
- Preferred knowledge in TRACS or Micro-SITS environment.
- Good knowledge of development lifecycle and ERP tools is a plus.
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous.
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem-solving skills required.
- Fluent English language skills are essential, Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial.
Life at Lilium:
You are joining us as we are building our global footprint. While the current COVID-19 restrictions mean that many of us are working remotely we are still making the most out of this time. Meet fellow colleagues via our culture sessions and free weekly yoga classes, or improve your German or English with our free language courses.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.