Flight Test Readiness Engineer
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 950 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Flight Test Readiness Engineer (Liaison Engineer)
As a Flight Test Readiness Engineer, you will act as the Aircraft Prototype Coordinator in the enablement of the daily flights by coordinating all the various activities that are required to prepare for the upcoming flight, especially the ones that interface with Ground Maintenance team and Design Engineering. The Flight Test Readiness Engineer is in constant dialogue with all stakeholders and contributing parties and ensures the on-time delivery of inputs, data points, closure of open items before a flight, and also alert for any potential delays in the Flight Test Campaign.
Your day to day:
- Responsible for configuration control of prototypes/test assets.
- Responsible to ensure airworthiness of prototypes.
- Planning of maintenance activities, aircraft modification, lay-ups and overall schedules.
- Act as focal point for coordination of different parties during flight test conduction’s and modifications.
- Tracking of activities and open items on prototypes.
- Coordination of inspections, maintenance tasks, repairs and fitting of flight test instrumentation.
- Record keeping of respective prototypes documentation.
- Release of aircraft prototypes for flight.
- Preparation and conduction of onsite and offsite campaigns.
- Responsible for administration of flight test safety equipment.
- Familiar with Part21 and CS-23 requirements.
- Structured, independent and solution-oriented way of working.
- Good communication skills and good Team worker, having an analytical and process-oriented mind-set.
- Experience with AGILE methods and Program Management tools beneficial.
- Good knowledge of all MS-Office software.
- Experience with RAMCO software or other Aviation Maintenance Software is beneficial.
- Flexible worker, prepared to support and act in other functions across the organisation.
- A master’s degree in aeronautical engineering, alternatively a similar degree or an adequate education.
- Aerospace engineer or holder of EASA Part 66 Licence B1/C obtained in a technical college.
- Participated in a Part M course held by an appropriate organization.
- Working experience of min. 2 years in the aeronautical industry of which
- Min 1 year in the field of flight testing (e.g. flight-line, production flights, customer acceptance flights, flight tests, etc.) and
- Min 1 year in the field of maintenance or manufacturing activities.
- 1 year training on the job in a Part M/145/CAMO or 21G for the same aircraft category.
- Experience in configuration control and operation of aircraft prototypes used for Flight Testing.
- Familiar with the procedures related to Flight Test activities.
- Experience with DOA/POA processes, development and certification testing activities.
- Fluent English language skills are essential.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.