A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
In this position, you will report directly to the Head of Maintenance and will work on a variety of projects and tasks. Moreover, you will be assembling, testing, and troubleshooting electric components and prototypes daily. Furthermore, you will assist the engineering teams by providing feedback for design improvements to the product.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded, and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase. Our production organization aims to set new standards with a best-in-class, reliable, integrated production.
Your Day to Day:
- Work in a self-directed team of aircraft technicians and electricians
- Responsible for delivery and quality in all stages of the assembly process
- Follow work instructions and program plans
- Proceeding ground test instructions and failure detection & correction
- Operate a variety of hand tools, power tools, diagnostic and measuring equipment
- Take responsibility for maintaining an inventory of parts, tools, and equipment
- Troubleshooting and feedback of errors to the corresponding teams, cooperation for root cause analysis
- Implement and sustain manufacturing data of the production system
- Work cross-functionally with related departments
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to improve processes, equipment & tooling, and repair solutions
- Improve manufacturing standards and process requirements
- Support digital improvements and innovations while working with manufacturing execution systems
- Assist technology acquisition and new factory installation & commissioning.
- Educational background as an aircraft technician and/or within component manufacturing required. EASA Part 66 B1 license-holders preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in manufacturing and/or repair of electro-mechanical components
- Must be able to work from complex and detailed documentation and/or verbal and written instructions depending on the situation
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing instructions and ply books
- Experience with operating and maintaining a wide variety of hand and power tools, shop tools, test equipment. Experience operating high volume production machinery preferred
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work both in a team and autonomously
- Target-oriented work approach with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Fluent English required. German language is a plus
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.