Internship - R&T Development - Energy Storage System (ESS)
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Internship – R&T Development – Energy Storage System (ESS)
You will be part of the Research and Technology Team at Lilium supporting the Generation 2 ESS Team and the R&T Lead. The Gen2 Battery Team is responsible for designing and developing the future energy storage components and the thermal management system of the batteries. From parts to systems pre-development, you will play a key role in bringing new ideas to prototypes which will be validated via tests. Besides, you will support the R&T Lead in the daily business managing R&T projects and developing the R&T framework.
As an Intern in the R&T team, you will be part of a small and agile team responsible for the development and maturation of novel concepts, technologies, and novel ways of to bring innovation to application. You will take ownership of selected projects and development tasks.
Your Day to Day:
- Ideation and development of next generation technologies that will be implemented in our next generation Energy Storage System.
- Support the sizing, analysis and design of weight optimized Energy Storage System components.
- Support the fast implementation of prototypes together with our Production team.
- Ensure swift validation through quick testing iterations.
- Support the prototype development from concept to production, resolving any design, manufacturing, and assembly issues along the way.
- Support with supplier management and coordination.
- Support the R&T project management.
- Support the set-up of Lilium’s technology development framework.
- Work on any ad hoc related projects or tasks
- University degree in a STEM field is required.
- Excellent understanding of general design principles, lightweigth design and technical correlations is required.
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously is required.
- Good knowledge of a CAD system is required (Siemens NX is preferred), of ISO GPS (alternatively ASME GD&T) and overall good drafting skills are required.
- Good understanding of the technical and systematic product development process
- Hands-on ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment is required.
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language is beneficial.
- Good communication and collaboration skills is required.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.