Senior Graphic and Experience Designer
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Senior Graphic and Experience Designer
Your role and your Team
We’re looking for a strongly creative profile and holistic design thinker, with a background in user experience (UX), user interface (UI), graphic and animation design, and a good understanding of the physical product, brand, customer experience strategy and process development.
You will be integrated in the dynamic Design & Brand team and will be collaborating with other creative designers, project managers, product owners, engineers, communication and marketing experts, sales team members, to create new experiences and enhancements that will help us evolve the brand.
You will develop multiple design projects and oversee the completion of deliverables from beginning to end, helping to ensure consistency in the quality of work delivered.
Your day to day:
- Develop graphics and layouts for product visuals, brand experience projects, visual communications, marketing, website and media, digital tools, covering the full spectrum of customer experience touch points.
- Develop new, compelling, interactive, animated visual design concepts in a fully iterative way, based on a multi stakeholders’ environment, alongside a very cross-functional team of experience designers, spanning from product to branding fields.
- Execute user experience research and designs, create wireframes and prototypes to illustrate product behavior along defined use cases.
- Support the brand design strategic roadmap, as well as the internal multi-departmental brand, marketing, communications alignment process and milestones setting.
- You will play an active and essential role on creating, boosting, and maintaining the next Lilium brand and identity evolution, starting from a deep understanding of the company roots and values.
- Support visual communication projects, such as presentations, mood boards and storyboards, managing scope definition, stakeholders’ alignments and timelines.
- Create compelling visual narratives that help tell the story of the product in an impactful way.
- Execute state of art graphic designs, motion graphics and animations, contributing to the high-quality standard of Lilium brand and visual comms target.
- 5+ years of professional experience in experience design (although you might have had a different job title, like “UX designer”, “product designer” , “graphic designer”).
- Highly developed design and animation skills, demonstrated in your portfolio of recent works.
- Confident in presentations and strong storytelling abilities.
- Experience collaborating in multifunctional teams as the experience design lead.
- Proficiency with contemporary design and prototyping tools and methods.
- Affinity with Lilium’s values, and a passion for creating products that meet peoples functional and emotional needs.
It would be beneficial if you have:
- A university degree in Interaction Design, Visual Communications, UI / UX design, Graphic design, Product design, related design or behavioral science disciplines.
- Experience working in a variety of organizations (start-up, corporate, agency/consultancy).
- Experience in physical product design generation and development process.
- Academic, professional, or life experience from outside the design field that enriches your perspective as a designer and creative.
- As part of your application, please include a link or PDF of your portfolio of recent work, highlighting your abilities and experience relevant to the role, with specific examples of how you work, think, collaborate, and contribute to great design outcomes. Please note that we are unable to accept any applications without a portfolio.
- You might also be asked to execute a small task, that we´ll use only for test to fit purpose.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.