Test Pilot - Category One
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Experimental test pilot, holding a current EASA Category One Test Pilot rating to support the development and certification of a novel, eVTOL aircraft.
Experimental test pilot, based in Germany (with temporary deployments to alternative locations, when required) reporting directly to the Chief Test Pilot.
As a core member of the Lilium Flight Test team, you will be directly involved in supporting development and certification activities for the innovative, Lilium L4-100 eVTOL Jet aircraft. In this role, you will use your skills and experience to contribute to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards and to propose solutions to complex problems which requires regular use of a creative approach and lateral thinking. As a member of a multi-national and multi-discipline organisation, you will be required to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
Your Day to Day activities:
- Support a safe and inclusive working environment
- Support aircraft and Company Safety Reviews
- Support and advise cross-discipline working groups in developing and certifying the aircraft, its systems and capabilities
- Support related Flight Simulator development
- Conduct related development and certification activities utilizing flight simulators and physical mock-ups
- Support development of training syllabus and general operations discussions
- In conjunction with Lilium Flight Test Engineering, develop, safety assess, brief, fly, debrief and report on all categories of development, certification and production, ground and flight tests
- Liaise with external agencies, Regulators and potential/actual customers
- Other duties as directed by CTP
- Minimum current EASA CPL(A) or CPL(H)
- Current EASA Instrument Rating
- Current EASA Category One Flight Test Rating
- At least 2 years’ experience within Flight Test
- At least 2,000 flight hours
- At least 500 dedicated experimental flight test hours
- Ability to reside and work in Germany
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Minimum English language Level 4
- Broad flight experience e.g. multiple types/roles/operating environments
- FI, TRI, TRE, IRI, IRE or military equivalent ratings
- English language Level 6
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.