Systems Engineer - EPS
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Systems Engineer - EPS
Your role and your team:
We are seeking a talented and passionate Systems Engineer - Electrical Power System to join our dynamic team dedicated to revolutionizing the future of transportation through electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) technology. From power conversion to batteries, electrical design to aircraft integration, you will play a pivotal role in integrating, verifying and testing the cutting-edge electrical power system that powers our advanced eVTOL aircraft.
The Systems Engineer - Electrical Power System is part of an interdisciplinary integrated project team responsible for the development of our innovative electrical power system, through design, verification and certification up to the delivery of the Lilium aircraft.
Your Day to Day:
- Design: Electrical architecture of innovative high voltage energy storage systems with focus on topics like requirement capture, electromechanical design, and electrical integration up to 1000 VDC.
- Integration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including electrical engineers, aircraft structure designers, and software developers, to seamlessly integrate energy storage, power conversion and power distribution equipment into the eVTOL platform.
- Verification: Plan and conduct electrical power system integration tests for our laboratories and aircraft.
- Safety: Ensure that our systems meet the highest safety standards and regulatory requirements, performing risk assessments, and implementing appropriate safety measures to mitigate potential hazards particularly associated with high voltage distribution and high power lithium batteries.
- Documentation and Reporting: Create detailed technical documentation, specifications, and reports, presenting findings and recommendations to cross functional stakeholders and regulatory authorities when required.
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline such as Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in electromechanical system integration and testing.
- Knowledge of electrical power systems – particularly battery design, electric vehicle powertrains, lithium batteries, high and low voltage distribution, conversion, circuit protection, battery management, charging.
- Experience with electromagnetic environmental effects and environmental testing.
- Familiar with systems engineering and functional safety guidelines for aerospace or similar safety critical applications.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.