SW/HW (and Systems) Quality Assurance Engineer
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
We are looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer with experience in aerospace engineering organisations, especially in EASA Part 21J DOA organisations to join our innovative team and help us shape the future of urban e-mobility.
In this position, you will have the exciting opportunity to work within the Lilium Engineering Function and to support the company to build and maintain the highest quality and safety standards. You will report to the Head of Engineering Safety, Quality and Compliance, securing all SW Quality Assurance duties required.
Your Day to Day:
Perform Software Quality Assurance activities as defined in RTCA/DO-178C including but not limited to:
- Provide independent assurance that all processes and procedures are compliant to the standards for the development of Software, and that they are being adhered to throughout the Product Life Cycle.
- Create and maintain SW Quality Assurance Plans, Interface Documents, and other Process and Quality Assurance related documents.
- Provide assurance that the Software plans and standards are developed and reviewed for compliance with RTCA/DO-178B & C
- Provide assurance that the Software life cycle processes and data comply with the approved plans and standards.
- Provide support and guidance on process and quality assurance related matters across the Engineering Function.
- Support the solution of findings and deviations.
- Conduct quality investigations when required.
- Represent Process and Quality Assurance at internal and external meetings.
- Provide selected trainings related to your perimeter of responsibility.
- Support the Independent Monitoring Function on product, process, capability, compliance, or Design Supplier audits as required.
- Sc./B.Sc./B.Eng., Aerospace Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in Aerospace Engineering, focus on quality assurance of software development based on RTCA DO-178B and/or C.
- High level of self-reliance, autonomous target-oriented work style, analytic problem-solving competence, good communication skills.
- Fluent English language skills.
- Experience with RTCA/DO-254/DO-330/DO-331 & SAE/ARP4754A objectives and associated activities.
- Experience with software development and/or verification.
- Sound knowledge of Aerospace regulations of EASA, FAA and/or other NAA’s.
- Lean practitioner, experienced with APQP, RCA, 9S, 8D, 5W, GEMBA Walks, performance measurement.
- Experience in working with Design suppliers and partners.
- Knowledge in quality standards like EN9100 or ISO9001.
- Ambitious coach and trainer.
- Certification as auditor (ISO19011).
- German language skills.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.