Supply Chain Manufacturing Engineer
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your Role and your Team:
The Lilium Supply Chain Manufacturing Engineering Organization is responsible for the realization of the technological capabilities that drive our shared vision forward, using the capabilities of a global supply chain. You will be instrumental in leading the industrialization of our external partners to meet our vision. This includes the development of new components and assemblies, taking them through to stable production, using a zero defects approach. Our mission is to secure NPI programs with our suppliers, to enable the smooth introduction and ramp up of our demand into our internal build lines, where the Lilium Jet will go through its final assembly steps.
Being the technical supply chain leader you will be responsible for part development, qualification, and industrialization components up to high-volume production rates.
Your Day to Day:
- Working as a manufacturing specialist, you will support Design for Manufacture with your design team to enable the goal of high rate, cost effective manufacturing and be the voice of manufacturing at the suppliers for your product group.
- You will develop, drive and deliver all technical aspects of the industrialization road map following the APQP framework with our suppliers, enforcing clear collaboration between the respective parties to secure delivery against business case, cost & quality targets.
- Ensure support with technical trade-off between Lilium In-house Manufacturing Engineers, logistics and supplier to ensure the best condition of supply to Lilium.
- Provide constant technical support and supervision to resolve issues on shop floor to ensure on time delivery of parts to Lilium.
- To enable the industrialization, you will enable the development and verification of the optimal tooling strategy to meet the rapid timeline, while ensuring attainment of quality standards.
- You will be the Product Specialist in the Manufacturing Review Boards on location at supplier facilities. Enabling fast, clear decision making on your product, while establishing the improvement actions necessary to prevent common recurrences.
- You will develop and deliver technology road mapping for your commodities to achieve best-in-class product, when measured against delivery performance, cost and quality.
- You will be responsible for delivery of each technical element of the PPAP framework for NPI products, and establish best practices to enable right first time delivery.
- You will develop all New Technologies through a gated MRL process at the supplier, to determine the maturity of each new technology for its inclusion in the next generation of your product.
- You will support the qualification of products following AS9100 & AS91001.
- You have a relevant Degree in the field of Aerospace or Avionics.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in manufacturing engineering or industrial engineering focused on metallic components is required, with a strong background in processes such as machining, casting, welding, additive manufacturing, surface treatment, coating, assembly etc.
- Significant knowledge of Avionics equipment.
- Expertise on rotating and non-rotating metallic components and assemblies is preferred.
- Experienced in PPAP / APQP / FAI / MRL processes.
- Excellent knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), inspection methods and requirements relevant to machined parts.
- Demonstrated capabilities in influencing design through Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Design for Assembly (DFA) and RCCA activities.
- Knowledge of electric motors, components, and integration is desirable.
- Lean awareness - Simplification mindset, continuous improvement, health & safety conscious.
- Excellent team building / collaboration skills working cross-functionally, especially with Design Engineering, Quality, Procurement, Program Management, and other cross-business functions.
- Excellent analytical capabilities, written communication, and verbal communication to solve problems with urgency and collaborate with varied technical audiences.
- Strong End-to-End ownership and with Hands-on mentality.
- Demonstrated management of complex tasks/projects in a multi-national and dynamic environment.
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes is required.
- Mobility is essential and you will be willing to travel inside and outside the US, possibly on short notice for periods of time.
- 401k is not offered at this time
- 20 days vacation
- US Bank holidays - New Year's Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Indigenous People’s Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day
- No transfer/relocation package offered
- Preferred location: Dallas TX. Other locations: Florida, DC, California, and Virginia
- Candidate must have the right to live and work legally in the USA (either GC or citizen)
- Working remote/working from home
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.