Senior Systems Engineer - EPS
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Senior Systems Engineer - EPS
Your role and your team:
We are seeking a talented and passionate Senior Systems Engineer - Electrical Power System to join our dynamic team dedicated to revolutionizing the future of transportation through electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) technology. From power conversion to batteries, electrical design to aircraft integration, you will play a pivotal role in developing the cutting-edge electrical system that powers our advanced aircraft – with a focus on integrating, verifying and testing.
The Senior Systems Engineer - Electrical Power System is part of an interdisciplinary integrated project team responsible for all stages of development of our innovative electrical power system – especially addressing integration, verification and certification up to the delivery of the Lilium aircraft.
Your Day to Day:
- Integrate: Collaborate with cross-functional teams including electrical engineers, test engineers, laboratory owners and chief engineering to seamlessly integrate the energy storage, power conversion and power distribution equipment into our eVTOL powertrain at up to 1000 VDC.
- Verify: Plan and coordinate system integration tests in our laboratories and on our aircraft.
- Certify: Plan testing and prepare evidence to support certification of the system using the regulatory requirements.
- Problem-solve: Investigate test issues and discover root causes in our innovative electrical power system.
- Coordinate: Manage our equipment suppliers to approve, witness, and support external testing.
- Design: Implement design changes to add functionality or resolve problems, and contribute to novel designs for future aircraft generations.
- Document and Report: Create detailed technical requests, procedures, and reports, present findings and recommendations to cross-functional stakeholders and regulatory authorities when required.
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline such as Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience, either in civil aviation or on electric vehicles.
- Knowledge of electrical power systems – particularly electric vehicle powertrains, lithium batteries, high voltage switching, power electronics, battery management, charging.
- Experience with verification of aircraft or similar safety critical applications; especially coordinating with regulatory authorities and producing certification plans, compliance documents, verification matrices using requirement management tools (e.g. DOORS or Polarion)
- Experience with systems engineering principles (e.g. ARP 4754/4761 or ISO 26262) and hardware and software development processes (e.g. DO-178 and 254).
- Experience with electromagnetic environmental effects and environmental testing (e.g. DO-160).
- Problem-solving skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.