Senior Safety & Reliability Engineer
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Senior Safety & Reliability Engineer
Your Role and Your Team:
We are looking for a Safety and Reliability Engineer to join our team, and be part of this innovative, diverse, and high-performance engineering environment that will shape the future of urban e-mobility.
You will become a key member of a large scale and complex project. System Safety and Reliability is a multi-disciplinary area and includes interfaces with several areas of aircraft design, such as Electronic Systems, Systems Engineering, Design Engineering, Software, Flight Dynamics, Testing, and many more.
We are offering you a distinguished career with guidance by the highly experienced Safety and Reliability Engineers and an amazing opportunity to be part of an incredibly talented and innovative engineering team and learn how a highly integrated aircraft is developed.
You will report directly to the Manager of Safety and Reliability.
Your Day to Day:
- Perform Systems Safety Assessments and Reliability analyses for the Aircraft Systems.
- Contribute Aircraft Level Safety and Reliability activities, if required.
- Defining Safety & Reliability Requirements and managing Validation and Verification of those
- Participate in integrated assessments with other teams including Systems, Structures, Maintenance, Flight Mechanics, Human Factors, among others.
- Perform the Common Mode Analysis (CMA), Particular Risk Analysis (PRA) and Zonal Safety Analysis (ZSA)
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Mechanical or Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- Experience in AFHA, SFHA, PSSA, SSA, CMA, PRA, ZSA
- Experience in FMEA, Reliability Allocation, Prediction and Testing
- Experience in Safety & Reliability tools like Reliability Workbench, CAFTA, Reliasoft or equivalent
- Knowledge in EASA regulations for VTOL aircraft
- Experience in aerospace safety assessment process and ARP 4761 and ARP 4754A
- Experience in propulsion, energy systems or batteries is nice to have.
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously.
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills
- Fluent English language skills
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.