Senior Engineering Lead - BMS Software (Aerospace)
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
As a lead software engineer, you'll have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge eVTOL aerospace project, ensuring the quality and reliability of our software systems through rigorous model-based design and verification. You'll work with a team of highly skilled engineers and designers to create and maintain robust software for the airborne battery management systems and to execute those plans using state-of-the-art tools and techniques.
We're looking for someone with a strong leadership skills and extensive experience in software development and verification, with a focus on model-based design and battery management systems. You should have a deep understanding of system and software lifecycle and be able to apply that knowledge to complex aerospace projects. You'll also need to be an excellent communicator, able to work effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
The position requires someone with a strong software certification and project management background. In this role you will coordinate system certification, development and software verification activities as well as collaboration with external suppliers and regulatory authorities.
Your Day to Day:
Lead software development activities including, but not limited to:
- Guide development strategy for airborne safety-critical embedded software in accordance with the applicable aerospace regulations
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to a team of software engineers, helping them design, develop, and deliver high-quality software solutions.
- Generate plans, standards, guidelines, methods related to software products
- Own software airborne software lifecycle data and act as Designated Certification Specialists in the area of Energy Systems of the eVTOL aircraft.
- Participate in cross-functional activities with other relevant stakeholders (systems, safety, security, airworthiness, design assurance, etc.)
- Prepare and coordinate work with external suppliers as well as teams inside Lilium.
- B.Sc/M.Sc/M.Eng in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Electronic Engineering.
- Demonstrated experience and success in managing complex technical projects in Li-ion Battery Management Systems
- Expert knowledge of DO-178C, DO-331 is mandatory, ARP4754A is a plus.
- Hands-on experience in MATLAB/Simulink and C is mandatory.
- Experience with cutting-edge algorithms for run-time BMS software to derive State-of-Charge and State-of-Health. Cell and battery modelling knowledge is desirable.
- Interest in Cyber Security, Quality Assurance and/or Safety Management Systems is a plus.
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required.
- Fluent English language skills are essential.
This is an incredible opportunity to be at the forefront of a groundbreaking industry and work with a dynamic and innovative team. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and the opportunity to work on some of the most exciting aerospace projects of our time.
If you have a passion for aerospace and eVTOL, and want to work on challenging and rewarding projects, please apply today!
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.