Head of Planning & Control (Aerospace Manufacturing)
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Are you ready to take on a role that will help to shape the future of aerospace production? As Lilium's Head of Planning & Control will lead a diverse team of passionate experts with different backgrounds and experiences.
Your team provides the central drumbeat for the production organisation and connects engineering, procurement, logistics, production and testing.
- Establish an Agile Prototyping Planning & Execution Process to accelerate innovation, enhance productivity, and ensure our products are at the cutting edge of technology.
- Lead the Aircraft Production Program across all shops, overseeing the type certification and ramp-up phases.
- Ownership of Demand, Inventory, and Schedule in the production organization. You will drive operational excellence and efficiency. Aligning priorities and handling escalations to maintain a well-oiled production process.
- Guide Digital Transformation of Production Planning. You will lead current and future IT projects towards a fully digital adaptation of all production planning processes to propel us into the future of smart manufacturing.
- Lead and Develop a High-Performing Team within a Production Organization Approval (POA) framework, fostering a culture of ownership and continuous improvement.
- Drive Production Drumbeat and smooth Shop floor Routine to maximise productivity and minimise downtime.
- Forge Strong Relationships with engineering management functions, program, commercial, and maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) teams, fostering a collaborative and cohesive working environment.
- Establish KPIs and Track Progress for your department and related functions, ensuring transparent communication and accountability.
- Strategic Demand Forecasting to inform the right actions which will optimize resource allocation and production efficiency.
- Oversee IT Projects and Side Initiatives that shape the IT landscape and support side projects within your department, keeping us at the forefront of technological advancements.
- Drive Continuous Improvement: From your horizontal perspective, you will initiate and facilitate overarching improvement projects, fostering a culture of innovation and efficiency.
- Budget Management for your department, ensuring optimal utilization of resources and investments in our long-term growth.
We are looking for a fantastic relationship builder with a strong production planning and control background who establishes strong cross-functional collaboration to drive success. A proven team manager who can inspire and lead production teams to achieve exceptional results in a first-of-its-kind environment.
Flexible, open minded and results oriented, we would love to see experience gained within a prototyping or complex, customizable production environment. Ours is a dynamic and fast moving workplace, we welcome people who feel at home working at pace to achieve and exceed expectations. Experience of scheduling, planning and controlling production processes within an aerospace or automotive industry combined with strong IT skills in MS Office, ERP and APS systems is a requirement.
A degree in industrial engineer, management or an equivalent field is preferred. Fluency in English is required and German language proficiency is desirable.
Join us in this transformative journey, where your leadership will have a profound impact on the future of aerospace production. Apply now to be part of a groundbreaking team at Lilium, dedicated to shaping a greener, more connected world through innovative air mobility solutions.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.