Flight Control System Engineer - Pilot Inceptor
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
We are looking for an outstanding and experienced Flight Control System Engineer, with a background in pilot inceptors for fly-by-wire aircraft, to join our innovative team that will shape the future of urban e-mobility.
This position will report into the Flight Controls System department and will contribute, as part of an integrated cross functional team, to the architecture, design, certification and delivery of the Lilium Jet.
You will have a chance of shaping the future of mobility by not only defining the Pilot Inceptor System, but also contributing to the development of the Flight Control System and supporting the certification process in co-ordination with regulatory partners and suppliers.
You will also contribute to the development of subsystems and components and ensure their compliance to safety standards.
Your Day to Day:
- Design the system architecture for the pilotinceptor
- Support the pilotinceptor ergonomics development with the human factors team and suppliers.
- Take ownership of the system and manage its whole development and certification
- Interact with Pilots and Human Factors specialists.
- Direct interface with certification authorities, suppliers, compliance verification engineers.
- Develop, challenge, and continuously improve systems and item’s technical concepts.
- Define requirements for subsystems and components.
- Design and implement Pilot Controls system monitor and voters related
- Work together with other departments and external suppliers to find the simplest and most elegant solutions.
- Continuously improve your tools and methods
- BA/MA in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field required.
- At least 5 years of experience with PilotInceptors for fly-by-wire aircraft
- At least 7 years of experience in flight control system development for Part 23, Part 25, Part 27, or Part 29 aircrafts
- Experience with SAE ARP-6001A, ARP-4754A, DO-160G, and ARP-4761
- Experience working with and managing external suppliers.
- Good knowledge of regulatory material and certification requirements
- Experience with MATLAB Simulink (or other modeling tool) and simulation techniques.
- Experience in leading or completing a certification program is a plus.
- Familiarity with DO-254 and DO-178C is highly appreciated.
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous.
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required.
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.