Analysis Engineer - R&T ESS
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
We are looking for an outstanding analysis engineer with a strong background in topology optimization, stress, fatigue, structural dynamics and crash and impact analysis to support the Research & Technology Team pushing the boundaries with agile and fast iterating concept design and pre-development activities for the next generation Energy Storage System (ESS).
In this position, you will have the exciting opportunity to work within the rapidly growing Structural Analysis Team. You will report to the Team Lead - Stress, through the function, working as part of the Structural Analysis Department. You will also be part of the Research and Technology Team for the Energy Storage System.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
Being part of the R&T Team you will be leading:
- Agile and fast iterating concept evaluation and design improvements based on topology optimization and structural analysis.
- Optimization, pre-sizing, stress and crash and impact analysis of aircraft structural components and their interfaces related to the energy storage system, i.e. battery casings, support structures, airframe integration, etc.
- Create, manage, adjust, and validate detailed FE models of sub-components and complete energy storage system structures and their installations, with responsibility for the full workflow of numerical modelling, solving and post-processing.
- Model correlation with static and dynamic test data to drive analysis-based concept decisions and design optimizations
- Actively define and develop modelling methods, tools and optimization techniques to support an efficient product pre-/development.
- Hold full responsibility for all structural analysis methods, tools relevant to new technologies as well as their development. Communicate the necessary updates with methods & tools team.
- Collaborate closely with Engineers from Mechanical Design, Manufacturing and System Testing.
- /M.Eng. in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field is required.
- 5+ years of experience in topology optimization, structural analysis and crash and impact analysis with application to aircraft structures, automotive structures and in the best case to energy storage related structures.
- Strong experience with lightweight design principles of composite materials, metals, adhesives, non-structural materials, and their structural behavior.
- In-depth understanding of the loading scenarios and mechanical behaviour of aircraft structures, particularly complex multipart assemblies
- Excellent knowledge of topology optimization, stress, fatigue, structural dynamics, crash and impact analysis methods following established standards.
- Extensive working experience with commercial implicit tools (knowledge of OptiStruct, Nastran and their corresponding pre/post-processors is of preference) is a must, and with explicit FE codes (i.e. LS-DYNA, Radioss) is beneficial.
- Working experienced with CAD software (i.e NX, CATIA) is beneficial
- Experienced with the agile concept and fast iterative pre-design phase of the R&T process
- Pragmatic, creative and target-oriented way of working with a pro-active mindset.
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.