Analysis Engineer - Propulsion
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
We are looking for an outstanding Analysis engineer with a strong background in structural stress analysis for engines to join our innovative team and help us shape the future of urban e-mobility.
In this position, you will have the exciting opportunity to work within the rapidly growing Structural Analysis Team as part of the Design and Aerostructures Function. You will report to a Structural Analysis Team Lead and be part of the multi-disciplinary Integrated Project Team for Propulsion.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
Sizing and stress analysis of rotating and static propulsion unit structures by means of hand calculations, numerical simulations (FEM) and optimization techniques
- Create, manage and validate detailed FE models of complete propulsion structures and systems, with responsibility for the full workflow of numerical modelling, solving and post-processing
- You will have a particular focus on topics such as:
- Linear and non-linear static analysis
- Fatigue analysis (LCF, HCF)
- Fracture mechanics analysis
- Vibration analysis such as Modal, Harmonic or forced response, Random vibration, Rotor dynamics)
- Model correlation with static and dynamic test data for certification purposes
- Creation of clear and concise technical reports and documentation
- Reviewing and checking of internal and supplier analysis data
- Work closely with your Team Lead, Engineering Suppliers and Engineers from Mechanical Design, Manufacturing and Testing throughout the entire product development process to develop propulsion unit structures and attachments with exceptional performance
- Engineering degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field is required
- 5+ years of experience in Structural analysis, with application to engines and/or turbomachinery
- Excellent knowledge of stress analysis methods, including vibration analysis.
- Confidence in the application of optimization techniques
- In-depth understanding of the loading scenarios and mechanical behaviour of aircraft structures, particularly complex multipart assemblies
- Extensive working experience with the commercial implicit FE code OptiStruct, and corresponding pre- and post-processing tools (HyperMesh and HyperView) is a must
- Motivated, initiative and driven problem-solving attitude are critical as well as a high level of self-reliance and an autonomous target-oriented work style
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.