Legal Trainee (Rechtsreferendar / Wahlstation)
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
We work in an international environment at the intersection of law and technology. We are the first point of contact for all departments in various areas of law and provide legal support in building up the company to become a global player in the eVTOL-market. There is no routine at Lilium.
As Legal Intern you will work as part of the Legal Team supporting our various areas of practice. You will provide support for the team, coordinating and preparing requests for legal assistance to our legal counsels, supporting the development and management of a contract management and filing system, and handling other legal and administrative matters at the intersection between the legal department and the various departments.
Your day to day:
- Insight into the work of our corporate, commercial and IP lawyers as a legal trainee in our Legal Department based in Germany and US
- Possibility to work in the fields of corporate law, commercial & contract law, data protection and privacy law, IP, employment law
- Reviewing procurement contract drafts in German and/or English
- Review of IP clauses in supplier agreements
- Reviewing non-disclosure agreements in English
- Reviewing data protection agreements and supporting with privacy assessments
- Support in the analysis of new business models and independent clarification of abstract legal issues
- Close cooperation with our corporate lawyers on issues relating German law and, if interested, US, UK and Spanish law as well as regulation in Global Trade Compliance
- Supporting our colleagues on all issues that arise as corporate lawyer, incl. compliance and IP
- Working independently on issues and developing practicable solutions, in consultation with colleagues and superiors
- Innovative way of working in a multi-national team with face-to-face, digital and hybrid meetings
- If available, possibility to attend court hearings
- Participation in company events (e.g. summer/winter fest, All Wings Meetings)
- Successfully completed first state exam (grade at least “befriedigend”) or similar qualification (e.g., LLM)
- Trainee lawyer in the “Wahlstation”
- Ability to work in a team and enjoy contact with internal clients
- Willingness to perform
- Ability to translate legal opinions into practical recommendations
- Fluent business English is a must for this role, good German language skills will be advantageous
- Interest in working in a start-up or tech environment and possibly already demonstrated this in the past
- Curiosity, enthusiasm, and strong communication skills as well as an independent way of working
- Experience with common MS Office applications
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.