Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Battery System Equipment
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced Engineer who manages the equipment acquisition and development activities within the Industrial Engineering team and drives Lilium’s revolutionary product strategy into the development of a ground-breaking production system, all the way from prototyping to establishing a highly automated line. You will report directly to the Head of Industrial Engineering and work closely with the Energy and PropulsionDesign Engineering teams as well as your peers within the Manufacturing Engineering organization.
As the main focal point for the equipment acquisition process for one of our factories, you are in charge of finding the appropriate methods and technologies for producing our state-of-the-art eVTOL jet. You will be responsible for the management of our equipment supplier-partners to develop, acquire and install the production capabilities Lilium requires to meet its production ramp-up strategy.
The Manufacturing Engineering team provides the best process & technology solutions to meet design requirements and business targets in accordance with EASA 21G and EN9100 standards.
Your Day to Day:
- Lead the equipment acquisition and development process with external partners, from first design concepts, until commissioning and handover into operations.
- Assure manufacturability on planned machinery for all assemblies and components involved by coordinating between the stakeholders needed during the development process.
- Buy-off and commissioning (ext. & int.) of production equipment up to run up and verification.
- Drive the implementation with your technical peers for all key processes from equipment, material, and process selection to optimised volume production.
- Give guidance and suggestions for manufacturing technologies and concepts.
- Implement, manage, and continuously improve our production equipment and processes to enable global scaling of our organisation.
- Work with your Manufacturing Engineering colleagues to develop process capability for all associated components.
- Drive both, technical and process-based improvement projects e.g. root cause analysis and problem solving, as well as analysis of existing processes to secure the quality, delivery and cost targets.
- Engage in a global network for technology acquisition, new product designs and modern production system solution for all components and technologies needed.
- Drive the future of Liliums production strategy and technologies.
- At least 5 years of experience in Equipment Acquisition for assembly lines, ideally in automotive and/or aircraft assembly environment
- Experience in writing specifications for both low-volume and high-volume assembly equipment
- Experience in ramping-up assembly lines from prototyping to serial production.
- Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, or Industrial engineering degree
- Experience in assembly production, development, and manufacturing, including material, equipment, machinery, tooling selection and process specification.
- Knowledge in PFMEA (Process Failure Mode And Effects Analysis) required, MFMEA (Machine Failure Mode and Effects Analysis) a plus
- Excellent analytical capabilities with a drive to challenge the status quo; eager to learn; puts the team first; uses failure as learning experience; excellent communicator with a high sense of urgency.
- Lean Six Sigma certification is a plus.
- Experience in DFM (Design for Manufacturing)
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.