A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Procurement while working closely with cross-functional departments including design/engineering, industrial engineering, as well as suppliers and key partners.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving the design for cost and cost optimization for the Lilium Jet and production. This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet.
Your Day to Day:
- Responsible for target costing, driving cost/weight trade-off studies for product & production, and should costing for procurement organisation
- Develop transparent cost models for components on the Lilium Jet.
- Work closely with Design, Procurement, Production, and Strategy providing the basis for key decision making
- Derivation, analysis and optimization of the full product value stream
- Define cost targets across the entire value stream and support the production and strategic supply chain setup
- Work with key suppliers and partners as part of the scoping and tendering process
- Drive design to cost initiatives and monitor development against cost targets
- Support development and setting of company-wide standards for cost and value engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Aeronautical Engineer/Engineering Management degree or comparable
- Outstanding analytical capabilities
- At least 3 years of work experience in cost engineering, manufacturing engineering, or consulting
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes
- Fluent in Microsoft Excel. Experience working with ERP tools and CAD Costing tools is a plus
- Background in automotive/aviation manufacturing, or comparable
- Good communication skills, both written and spoken
- Able and comfortable working in a developing, fluid and constantly changing company
- Fluent in English
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.