Analysis Engineer - Stress - Global Finite Element Model
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Job Title: Stress Engineer – Global Finite Element Model
Job type: Full-time
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology, and customer experience. As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium, you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team who are as passionate about changing the world as you are. We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
The Role: Stress Engineer – Global Finite Element Model
We are looking for an outstanding analysis engineer experienced in stress analysis and FE modelling, and familiar with basic structural dynamics aspects to join our innovative team and help us shape the future of urban e-mobility. In this position, you will work within the Tools and Methods Team which is a part of the Structural Analysis Department. You will report to the Team Lead “Stress” and work also as a part of the multidisciplinary Integrated Project Team (IPT). You will interact with other teams within Structural Analysis as well as the Loads, Aeroelasticity and Mass Properties team on a daily basis.Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Develop, implement, and verify global finite element models of our aircraft.
- Perform all the model management activities required to maintain the model and keep it up to date.
- Generate instructions and guidance documents for the whole GFEM process, from idealization to version controlled release of the models and continuous maintenance.
- Simulate and analyse the behaviour of our systems on a global scale.
- Support aircraft level testing campaigns
- Develop and implement tools to support the global finite element process.
- Work in an integrated team with Loads and Aeroelasticity Engineers, Mass Properties Engineers and Structural Analysis Engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering.
- Sc./M.Eng. or PhD in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field is preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience as a stress engineer, preferably in aircraft industry.
- Experience in GFEM creation and update.
- Working experience with commercial finite element software (preferably Optistruct or Nastran), along with proficiency in corresponding pre- and post-processing tools (HyperMesh and HyperView) is a must.
- Working experience with Python, VBA or Matlab.
- Hands on experience in using hand calculations with Bruhn, Niu and other handbooks is preferable.
- High level of self-reliance and to work autonomously while being goal oriented.
- Strong reporting and presentation skills, capable of effectively communicating technical information.
- Fluent English language skills are essential.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.