Performance Engineer - Propulsion System
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
We are looking for an outstanding Performance Engineer with a proven industry track record to join our innovative team that will shape the future of urban e-mobility.
You will report to the Propulsion Thermal & Performance Team Leader and will contribute, as part of the multi-disciplinary Propulsion Integrated Project Team, to the development, certification and delivery of the Lilium Jet. This includes the development of the performance model of the propulsion system of the Lilium jet.
Your Day to Day:
- Specification of system, subsystem and components requirements
- Contribute to trade-off studies between the different sub-systems, in particular related to performance of electrical machine and power electronics
- Define and support system validation activities
- Define and support the system performance testing activities for certification (EASA SC E-19, Subpart D)
- Provide detailed reports for certification purposes
- Close cooperation with the modelling and simulation engineer in charge of the performance model
- Close cooperation with the engineers developing the electrical machine, power electronics and control systems
- Support and contribute to the analysis and optimization of aircraft performance
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering or similar discipline
- 5+ years of professional experience in the aviation sector dealing with propulsion system performance
- Excellent background in performance analysis and modelling of aircraft propulsion systems
- Demonstrated experience in successfully specifying and leading performance certification activities for aircraft propulsion systems (CS-E, Part 33)
- Experience with using Matlab/Simulink for modeling purposes in a professional work environment
- Hands-on experience with Requirements Management tools, such as Siemens Polarion or IBM Rational Doors
- Project management experience would be beneficial
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Dynamic and positive personality
- Fluent English language skills are essential
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, free e-library, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Something looks off?