Senior Engineer - Test Capabilities
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Senior Engineer – Test Capabilities
At Lilium, we're pioneering the future of aviation with our cutting-edge electric aircraft. As a Senior Engineer in the Test Capabilities team, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the success of our innovative technology. Our Laboratory Test & Experimental organization is responsible for component, system, and aircraft level tests, covering propulsion, batteries, structures, and electronics. We are looking for a driven individual to join the Test Services department and lead the development and management of test rigs and instrumentation for Lilium's onsite test facilities.
As a Senior Engineer in the Test Capabilities team, you will be responsible for:
Test Asset Ownership:
- Take ownership of multiple test assets and ensure they are always ready for testing, including configuration, safety, calibration.
- Own the schedule of your test assets to drive efficient test execution.
- Overall responsibility of the defined test area in terms of safety and maintenance.
- Re-configure the test assets for the requested test campaigns.
- Support the test engineer with the test setup and commissioning for each test campaign.
- Develop complex test rigs and instrumentation, coordinating with support teams and managing key suppliers.
- Evaluate test rig concepts using physical idealization and first-principle reasoning.
- Collaborate closely with software, mechanical & electrical design, and technician teams.
- Create and review engineering documentation for test assets.
Support and Best Practices:
- Support resource and workload planning and coordinate with interfacing teams.
- Promote a culture of safety within the test facilities.
- Advise the test engineering team on best practices within the test facilities.
- Stay updated on new developments in testing and share knowledge with your peers.
- Work on ad-hoc projects and tasks as needed.
- University degree in Aerospace Engineering or related field (M.Sc/M.Eng preferred).
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience in a test laboratory (aerospace industry preferred).
- Good knowledge and experience in aerospace testing processes, measurement methods, and calibration.
- Proficiency in PLM and CAD systems, preferably Siemens Teamcenter and NX.
- Knowledge and experience with multi-kW electrical powertrains and aircraft-level system integration is beneficial.
- Driven individual with a willingness to challenge assumptions.
- Ability to work with incomplete requirements and anticipate customer needs.
- High level of self-reliance and the ability to work in a diverse team.
- Target-oriented work style with strong problem-solving skills.
- Adaptability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
- Fluent English language skills are essential; fluent German or other languages are beneficial.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.