Quality Conformance Engineer
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your Role and your Team:
Under the lead of our HO Quality Operations and reporting to the Team Leader Quality Conformance Management at our Headquarters in Munich, you will be responsible to maintain, implement, and improve the Quality Management System in compliance with EASA Part21 Subpart G requirements into Lilium’s eAircraft Production Organization.
In your day-to-day business you take care of quality conformance tasks, root cause and corrective action analysis, quality escape analysis, our employee authorization/certification process, and you will give support to our Quality Process Mangement Team on internal and external audits (EASA, FAA etc) to obtain and maintain the company approvals and certifications (EASA Part 21.G, FAA 14CFR Part 21.G, EN9100).
Your Day to Day:
- Liaise with different areas of the company to maintain process quality and product conformance on our Shop-Floors into a Lilium Quality System for production organization approval.
- Work in close cooperation with our quality and production teams as part of our integrated Operating System
- Carry out regular quality reviews for continuous improvement using different lean methods and visual management, including efficient feedback loops.
- Support the implementation of APQP (PFMEA, CP and SPC ) in corporation with our APQP MFT into the Lilium production system.
- Support the Quality Inspection Management Certifying Staff on attestation and conformity control matters.
- Contribute to CP (Control Plan) development, implementation, review and change into the production process.
- By Using 9S Report, Six Sigma, VSM and further tools, you manage and lead root cause analysis and corrective/preventive action plans against non-conformances raised in audits or during production and eradicate recurrent concessions.
- Maintain and control our Production Management System authorization/certification process.
- Support and mentor other team members and the shop-floor teams on topics concerning Quality and Aviation Legislation.
- Min of 5 years of experience in the Aviation Industry, working on Quality / Product Conformity tasks
- BSc, MSc, or PhD degree in Engineering (Mechanic, Electronics, Electrics, Power Systems, Aeronautical) required, or alternate means of demonstrating technical competency.
- Experience with electronics and electrical equipment, power supplies, loads, EWIS systems will be
- Experience in electronic, low and high voltage battery systems fundamental principles will be beneficial.
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of requirements to obtain a Production Organization Approval as well as in conformance management.
- Must be proactive, good communicator and able to gain credibility across all levels of the organization.
- Experience with APQP in general and knowledge of DFMEA, PFMEA, CP, and SPC desired.
- Have accreditation and experience with problem solving tools and their application, such as 9S, 7-steps, Ishikawa diagram, 5-Whys, and Lean/Six Sigma.
- Fact-driven, resilient, and personally committed to achieving success without ego.
- Must be a proactive, open, and direct communicator who engages comfortably and credibly with all levels of the organization.
- Strong motivation to help build and shape your organization, structures and processes.
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team as well as autonomously.
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.