Flight Control Laws Intern
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
We are looking for an outstanding student with a strong background in Flight Mechanics and control, to join our innovative team and help us shape the future of urban e-mobility.
In this role you will have the exciting opportunity to work with our flight control team to help improving internal tools, like our design or verification tools or conduct flight dynamics analyses. Depending on your interests and strengths we aim to find interesting and challenging projects on which you can work independently, while at the same time being a fully integrated member of the team.
Your Day to Day:
· Improve our design (e.g. linearization and linear control design) and verification (e.g. test management and traceability) tools
· Developing a good understanding of flight control development process in an aerospace environment
· Analyse the flight physics and behaviour of our unique aircraft configuration
· Support review and analyses of test results (e.g. closed-loop simulations, pilot-in-the-loop evaluations, or flight test)
· Working towards and having completed at least 3 years of an Engineering degree.
· Good knowledge of control design basics (linear control theory and design), ideally in addition to good knowledge of flight dynamics/aerodynamics
· Solid knowledge of writing software in Matlab
· Experience in Python and in model-based design using Simulink are a plus
· Strong motivation to help build working frameworks and processes.
· High level of self-reliance, ability to work in a team and an autonomous target-oriented workstyle is essential.
· Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
· Ability to work a minimum of 6 months full time required; 12 months desired.
Eligibility for Non-EU Students:
Non-European Union (EU) citizens applying for this internship position must meet specific eligibility criteria to work in Germany. You must either:
- Be currently enrolled as a student at a recognised educational institution in Germany, holding a valid student visa and residence permit that allows for part-time work.
- Possess a valid work permit or visa that authorises you to work in Germany.
Please ensure that you fulfill the necessary legal requirements before applying for this internship opportunity. We may request documentation as proof of your eligibility during the application process.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.