Manufacturing Engineering Team Leader
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
As we head towards the start of production of our ground-breaking Lilium jet, we are assembling a world-class team to help us achieve our goal! We have created an opportunity for an experienced and hard-working manufacturing team leader to join our team of manufacturing engineers, focusing on producing our state-of-the-art aircraft assembly systems.
Reporting to the Head of Manufacturing Engineering Aircraft Assembly, you will work closely with the team that takes care of systems and assembly processes and bring to life a lean, mechanized, and people-focused production system.
Your Day to Day:
- Lead a multifunctional team of Manufacturing Engineers, coordinating activities related to the assembly and installation of electrical and mechanical systems.
- As the resident expert in operations and aircraft assembly, you will be a mentor to your teammates. Spearheading the establishment of pilot production stations to develop stable production processes and prove rate capability.
- Main point of contact for PP&C, Procurement, Quality, and Production enabling operational success on the Shop Floor
- Drive “Design for Scale” and “Design to Value” for electrical and mechanical systems, securing type certification standard.
- Provide shop floor support & champion continuous improvement across the entire production network.
- Secure quality assurance and a suitable control plan along the whole value chain
We are looking for a hands-on team leader with expertise in Manufacturing Engineering who loves to collaborate to get things done! Demonstrating a track record of working effectively with production teams to secure continuous production flow in safety-critical industries like automotive, aviation, and healthcare.
A strong track record in driving high-impact projects to completion is crucial.
Curious about new ways of working, eager to learn, and with excellent analytical capabilities, our Team Leader puts their team first. Showing strong resilience, and using setbacks as a chance to learn, you will have a true passion for achieving mission objectives in the face of a range of challenges.
A fantastic communicator with a high sense of urgency, you will work across functions like design engineering and program management among others.
- Demonstrated experience in manufacturing engineering, supply chain quality, or industrial engineering focused on manufacturing systems.
- Demonstrated expertise in electronic and mechatronic low and high voltage systems fundamental principles, design, fabrication, and safe handling in high-volume and/or rapid-growth operational environments.
- Experience in developing and applying source substantiation controls, electronic & mechanic product and process definition, and implementing and adhering to IPC & ISO standards.
- Manufacturing Engineering degree – excellent grade and industrial internship experience
- Lean awareness - Simplification mindset, continuous improvement, health & safety conscious.
- ICT Skills: Microsoft Office, ERP, MES and CAD
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.