Safety and Quality Assurance Engineer
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
We are looking for a Quality Engineer with experience in aerospace engineering organisations, especially in EASA Part 21J DOA organisations, to join our innovative team and help us shape the future of urban e-mobility.
In this position, you will have the exciting opportunity to work within the PEGASUS aircraft development program on behalf of the Lilium Engineering Function and help the company build and maintain the highest quality and safety standards. You will directly report to the Head of Engineering Safety and Quality and closely work with the Product Quality Manager of the PEGASUS program. You will ensure that all necessary engineering quality related activities within the IPT / Platform are carried out in close coordination with the IPT / Platform leadership team. You will be supported in these activities by other relevant members of the Quality community at Lilium.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Represent Engineering Safety and Quality in the Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) / Platform team for the development of the Lilium Jet.
- Provide support and guidance on safety, quality, and development assurance related matters to the IPT / Platform team to ensure the safety and quality framework of the Lilium Engineering function is effective throughout the Product Life Cycle.
- Contribute to assess the safety and quality competence and capability of Design Suppliers; find, negotiate, and formalise solutions for their adequate integration into Liliums Design Management system i.a.w. Part 21J and Part IS.
- Monitor the safety and quality performance of Design Suppliers; define and agree development, corrective and preventive measures where needed.
- Support owners of findings and occurrences in their investigations, through facilitation and deployment of problem-solving tools and skills, including root cause analysis, definition and deployment of corrective and preventive measures, and effectiveness checks as required.
- Conduct safety and quality investigations when required.
- Promote Safety and Quality in the organisation; work closely with the IPTs to develop the right safety and quality culture for an aerospace company by coaching, lessons learned, reporting, and communicating.
- Provide selected safety and quality trainings to the members of the IPTs / Platform team.
- Represent Safety and Quality Assurance at internal and design supplier meetings.
- MSc/MEng/BSc/BEng degree in Aerospace Engineering or related fields.
- 3+ years of experience in Aerospace Engineering with a focus on quality, safety, process excellence or in a relevant engineering related role.
- Sound knowledge of Aerospace regulations, especially EASA Part 21J, Part IS, SC VTOL.
- Experience with SAE/ARP4754A, SAE/ARP4761, RTCA/DO-178B&C and RTCA/DO-254 objectives and associated activities.
- Lean practitioner, experienced with APQP (and PPAP), RCA, 9S, 8D, 5W, GEMBA Walks, performance measurements.
- Experience in working with Design suppliers and partners.
- High-level of self-reliance, autonomous, target-oriented working style.
- Analytic problem-solving competence.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluent English language skills.
- Knowledge of other key quality standards like EN9100 or ISO9001.
- Enthusiastic coach and trainer.
- Certification as auditor (ISO19011).
- German language skills.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.