Manager Digital Systems - Flight Operations
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your Role and Your Team
You will report directly to the Head of Flight Operations (Commercial department) and you will work closely with the other Commercial Team members as well as Engineering departments to ensure that any flight operation´s aspects are being covered, like EFB, electronic flight planning software, aircraft manual development support as SME for AFM, FCOM, MMEL, etc. In addition you will develop the integration of a worldwide FDM system, you support the ConOps development and much more that supports the Lilium Aircraft operation. All the above requires active follow up with regulations updates on EASA, FAA and other national Authority´s jurisdiction.
This role is the main driver of digital operations solutions in flight operation areas. New ways shall be elaborated and introduced. You will be the responsible to design, implement, and execute the core Lilium digital solution for operations. In addition you will be in the role of flight operations support to engineering and potential customers.
Your Day to Day duty
- Develop, implement, and maintain a state-of-the-art digital flight operation system;
- Develop, approve and maintain the pilot EFB system;
- Support of development of the Aircraft Flight Manual (AFM, FCOM, MMEL, etc) system, in close cooperation with Lilium Flight Test and Engineering. You will be the SME (Subject Matter Expert) for flight operation side.
- Assure correct publication according to company procedures and storage of any operations relevant manual updates;
- Support customer portal functionalities and maintain content according flight operations requirements;
- Maintain effective liaison with the National Aviation Authority(s), and ensure regulatory compliance and an on-time approval of any digital flight operations solutions (EFB, FDM, etc);
- Keep yourself up-to-date with the latest development of the Aviation regulatory requirements;
- Support the Head of Flight Operations in all areas as required;
- Participation at regular Commercial meetings with a regular reporting of digital system status, pending revisions and respective update on regulatory changes.
- 5 years’+ experience in aviation
- Ideally 2 years' experience in a similar position
- Fluent English, German would be advantageous
- Open to relocate / travel to Munich area
- Commercial / IR pilot background (active or inactive, Airplane or Helicopter)
- Good knowledge and skills of standard software like for example Microsoft office
- Good knowledge of EASA and ideally various other regulations (FAA, CAA UK, ANAC, etc)
Flexibility and the ability to work independently and on own initiative is essential
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.