Supply Chain Operations Specialist
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced Supply Chain Operations Specialist working closely with Procurement, Production Planning & Control, Supply Chain Quality and Logistics, as well as major suppliers to ensure production demands are met and stay on schedule.
Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain Operation, the Operations Specialists is responsible for ensuring timely and cost-effective planning and control decisions.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase. Our production organization aims to set new standards with a best-in-class, reliable, digital production.
Your Day to Day:
Lead and enable the performance of the Supply Chain Operations Teams executing the:
- Creation of purchase orders in line with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) demand.
- Preparation of forecasts / provisional horizons and collaboration of delivery due dates with suppliers.
- Monitoring of warehouse inventory levels and follow-up on open purchase orders and order confirmations.
- Ensure that the quality requirements of parts delivery are understood and reflected within the ERP system.
- On-boarding of new suppliers into the supplier master database and when required maintain existing suppliers.
- Record and maintenance of item master data.
- Facilitation of engineering changes and sending updated technical data to suppliers.
- Review and closure of invoices to secure on time payments.
- Utilize data analytics from ERP and Supplier Portals to optimize inbound logistics and inventory levels.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Lilium ERP and Supplier Portal for end-to-end supply chain integration.
- Engage in the ERP compliance processes thereby ensuring robustness of plans by maintaining high integrity data.
- Participate in the implementation and management of Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) solutions where appropriate, to optimize cash and warehouse space.
- Engage with the internal stakeholders to ensure that robust answers are given to any Sales and Operation Planning questions.
- To carry out the required assessments to understand the capability to deliver to the company's demand requirements, with respect to constraints, capability, bottlenecks and Load/Capacity imbalance.
- Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been demonstrated.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a procurement and supply chain capacity with Enterprise Resource Planning applications such as SAP, INFOR, Oracle, etc.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within the functional areas of supply chain planning, ordering, forecasting, and logistics.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience operating in both a low and high-volume industrial environment – low to high volume product launch experience desired.
- Excellent communication skills – due to the importance of maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to make independent decisions when appropriate, adjust and adapt to varying schedules, organize and prioritize multiple tasks, and solve problem effectively.
- Preferable to have industry standard accreditations (APICS, ASCM)
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Fluent English required, German or any other language desired.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.