Category Manager - Capex, Production & Professional Services
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced Category Manager – Capex, Production & Professional Services, working closely with senior leadership, as well as major suppliers to ensure program objectives are met and stay on schedule. Reporting to the Head of Indirect Procurement, you are responsible for the entire operational and strategic procurement activities for Engineering and Consulting Services. You will work with the Quality, Legal and Engineering teams to ensure that Lilium’s supply chain will comply to all necessary DOA part 21J requirements issued by EASA.
Procurement at Lilium means to work within a team of highly skilled experts managing the creation and establishment of a professional aircraft and non-aircraft supply base with the highest quality product available in time – while meeting technical corporate standards based on a complete new worldwide market eco system.
Your Day to Day:
- Fully empowered to lead the Multi-functional team which will shape and manage the supply chain for Indirect Procurement
o Create and evolve the Procurement Strategy & Policies aligned to the overarching company strategy
o Sourcing Process - Market Assessment & Identify Potential Suppliers/Supplier Selection & Contracting
o Orchestrating a global network of Strategic Engineering Suppliers to initiate best practice exchange and a continuous flow of innovations outside-in
o Secure the delivery of Capex, Production & Professional Services to safety, time, cost and quality targets
- Lead big scale supplier sourcing projects with end to end responsibility from start of analysis to ramp up at stable performance
- Ensure sufficient protection of Lilium Intellectual Property (IP) with systematic use of NDAs and IP sharing agreements. Work with Legal team to customize such agreements as required.
- Serves as a center of competence for the procurement of Value-added Services, and sporadically support the procurement of Consulting Services
- Supplier Monitoring
o Performance control with high-responsive supply chain/supplier development, including cost improvement programmes
o Ensure that Lilium uses only Approved Suppliers, compliant with DOA Part 21J
- Close co-operation with the Quality Engineering and Engineering teams during development projects to ensure full compliance to Lilium Quality Management System and to EASA Part 21J requirements
- High response & real-time work behaviour
- Minimum qualifications/Education: mechanical engineering and/or business administration degree – excellent grade and industrial internships
- Procurement commodity position in a corporate with minimum experience in aerospace or automotive of three years, including “End to End” responsibility of implementing the purchase strategy with a minimum of two strategic supply chain projects
- Operations Purchase leadership position for value-add Services in a high technology environment for a minimum of three years
- Eager to learn and adopt his style to a start-up environment; puts the team first; robust and passionate to follow given objectives; uses failure as learning experience; excellent communicator; ability to facilitate workshops.
- Demonstrate cross-functional leadership within the company as well as with all the required roles of the supplier
- Excellent analysis and evaluation skills with a drive to challenge the status quo
- A strategic thinker with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus
- Must be a proactive, open, and direct communicator who engages comfortably and credibly with all levels of the organisation
- High personal influencing and negotiation skills. Strong leadership maturity and ability to lead through others.
- Knowledge of EASA Part 21J requirements is desirable
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of German or other languages is a plus.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.