Supply Chain Expert - TDD Procurement
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced Supply Chain Expert for Technology Demonstrator Procurement working closely with senior leadership of a program, logistics, design & manufacturing engineering as well as major suppliers to ensure program objectives are met and stay on schedule.
Reporting to the Team Leader of TDD Procurement, the Supply Chain Expert is responsible for making timely and cost-effective buying decisions that remain within the budget of the project. You need to determine product need and identify, communicate, and negotiate with suppliers while setting up shipments, delivery, and payment schedules to coordinate with the scheduled workflow on the project.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase. Our production organization aims to set new standards with a best-in-class, reliable, digital production.
- Closely engage with internal multifunctional project teams (Engineering, Manufacturing, Programme and Supply Chain) to align on technical solutions, supplier selection, need dates and prioritization
- Reflect buying market opportunities into the design departments
- Source new suppliers and build up a fast and agile supplier network by negotiating agreements and implementing frame contracts
- Qualify suppliers in collaboration with supplier quality management and assess them regularly in accordance to Lilium requirements
- Define and implement pragmatic supply and replenishment strategies together with Production Planning & Control and Logistics to ensure availability of material at all time
- Support setting up the future serial supply chain by actively transferring the knowledge from the R&D Procurement towards Serial Procurement
- Drive End-to-End purchase management from sourcing until goods receipt incl. supplier selection, RFQ and benchmark, purchasing and supplier management
- Ensure on time and on quality delivery, drive performance reviews with suppliers regularly
- Create and maintain ERP master data for suppliers and material
- Establish a great relationship between suppliers and Lilium, lead and support problem solving proactively by connecting all stakeholders
- participate supplier negotiations, represent supply chain requirements and ensure a standardized framework
- plan, drive and lead various improvement projects, with special focus on agility, automation and digitalization, and deliver on time, budget and quality
- Minimum 3 years of experience in project procurement, preferably in automotive or aviation industry
- Profound knowledge in supply chain processes e.g. supplier onboarding, RFI, RFQ, purchase management
- Solid technical background e.g. able to read and read & interpret technical drawings
- Proven experience in category procurement, supplier sourcing, qualification and contracting
- Strong supplier relationship management incl. KPIs and performance reviews
- Experience in project management and leading cross-functional teams is advantageous
- ERP skills are beneficial
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Being able to manage speed and stress.
- Analytical thinker with a result driven working style
- Entrepreneurial mindset and self-starter with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently in a structured manner, hands-on mentality, and willingness to take decisions
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.