Head of Logistics, Aviation Production
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced logistics leader who applies Lilium’s revolutionary product & business model into the development of very modern, automated and people-focused logistics organisation.
Your role and your team:
In this position you will report directly to the Vice President Production and ensure the Logistics services for the production organization and across the company.
You will be leading the logistics operations with focus on the physical production, material and logistics control as well as the implementation of all relevant Logistics and Warehouse processes.
Additionally, you will develop the future Logistics centre by providing a reliable, innovative and customer-oriented Logistics service with a strong emphasis on efficiency, digitalization, automation as well as economic and environmental sustainability.
- manage, coach and develop a high performing team that delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
- be accountable for the end-to-end logistics process including goods receipt, quality inspection, storage, intralogistics activities, outbound and spare part Logistics, across the globe
- accomplish the logistics capability and set up for a robust and smooth serial production ensuring relevant compliance and business requirements, enabling the targeted output quantity along the defined industrialization timeline within budget and supporting the financial business case
- set up the Logistics organization including resource planning and recruitment
- drive the acquisition for technologies to shape a state-of-the-art factory in collaboration with Manufacturing Engineering and project management
- set up the processes and ensure compliance with aviation policies to achieve the production organization approval
- ensure the integrity of inventory accuracy and manage stock movements with the help of direct reports, resolving any inventory discrepancies
- manage and evaluate operations liaising with internal stakeholders, suppliers, and appropriate Logistics and warehouse related providers, across globe
- set departmental objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
- deliver the introduction of our ERP system platform and MES system and define requirements for logistics scope
- lead continuous improvement, deliver solutions to problems while maintaining high levels of quality and service
- lead the creation and implementation of best practice Logistics and warehouse vision, strategy, policies, procedures to the improve operational performance and process landscape
- background in engineering or industrial engineering desired in lieu of a comparable degree with a focus on logistics
- minimum 5 years of leadership experience in the field of Logistics with aviation or automotive industry is a must
- experienced in establishing a state-of-the-art Logistics organisation and process landscape to feed a high-volume factory
- must be able to work from complex and detailed documentation and/or verbal and written instructions depending on situation
- strong leadership with focus on people, target-oriented work style with excellent analytic problem-solving skills and a high sense of urgency
- knowledge of various IT, ERP or Warehouse, Logistics systems as well as MS Office necessary
- H&S qualification desired, but not essential
- proven track record in building, leading and supporting teams within international environments
- ability to speak and read English fluent is required, German desired
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.