Contingent Workforce Manager
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
You will work closely with our Quality, Production, Engineering, Program Management, People Business Partnering, Finance and Commercial Department to effectively own & lead on ‘everything to do with’ Lilium’s contingent workforce (contractors/freelancers, temporary workers etc. via agencies or direct) including the entire end-to-end process and strategy.
With entrepreneurial and consultancy approach your goals will be to consolidate and utilize industry benchmarks, domain insights and new ways of working to co-develop fit-for-purpose strategies. You will ensure that the strategy leads to compelling business cases for the company including clearly defined implementation plans and initiatives. You will also ensure that our Contingent Workforce is being managed appropriately by each function and that the right process and systems are in place to enable this.
Procurement at Lilium means to work within a team of highly skilled experts managing the creation and establishment of a professional aircraft and non-aircraft supply base with the highest quality product available in time – while meeting technical corporate standards based on a complete new worldwide market ecosystem.
Your Day to Day:
- Lead and support supplier selection processes in alignment with category strategy and negotiate contracts up to final authorization including dispute resolution, approving, and qualifying vendors as well as authorization of contracts and purchase orders compliant with Lilium’s policies and SOPs.
- Lead, participate and work with multi-functional teams as well as pro-actively support other team members in their tasks and activities
- Manage the performance of an MSP, ensuring Lilium receive the desired outcomes at best-value.
- Monitor the utilization and skill set of contingent workers and advise the business on potential solutions to remedy capacity issues and requirements.
- Advise the business on any legislation changes in relation to contingent workers in the locations where we have a presence. Deploy any changes necessary to ensure Lilium are legally compliant.
- Ensure best practice is met when it comes to ‘managing’ Contingent Workers across the business
- Provide and execute solutions to keep contingent workers engaged, whilst ensuring that a business-to-business relationship is maintained.
- Support in creating the strategy & policies aligned to the overarching procurement and company strategies.
- Initiate and drive sourcing processes including market assessment & identification of potential vendors, vendor selection & contracting.
- Orchestrate a global network of vendors to initiate best practice exchange and a continuous flow of innovations outside-in.
- Contribute to the elaboration of a demand plan. Work closely with the business functions and talent acquisition to agree and execute resource plans and strategies.
- Secure delivery to time, quality, and cost targets.
- Follow-up on vendor performance and facilitate potential remediations activities.
- Ensure sourcing from approved vendor panel and on agreed conditions.
- Coordinate between multiple interfaces for smooth internal-customer sourcing experience
- Deep knowledge of the MSP and RPO business and overall staffing industry
- Knowledge in managing a company’s Contingent Workforce (such as temp labour workers, freelancers, consultants, etc.), preferably in an international environment but with strong German labour law knowledge. Good European experience is preferred.
- Deep understanding of legislations around Contingent Workers
- Previous experience of working within a HR team and/or Resource Management is preferred
- Previous experience in implementing an MSP and RPO programs, preferably in an international environment
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement methodologies and concepts, like TCO and life cycle of products/services, business partnering
- Good understanding of various resource delivery models – MSP, T&M, Work Package etc. with good commercial awareness of other models such as Deliverable Based, Fixed-Price etc.
- Knowledge of supply base per procurement area and availability of products/services, bottleneck criteria (market and pricing), cost levers, savings and procedural best practices
- Ability to drive procurement strategy and setup vendor selection and management
- Ability to support develop sourcing strategies in order to face market trends
- Knowledge of stakeholder and vendor relationship management concept, employment contracts, company agreements, claim management, liability, warranty and (inter)national procurement related legislation
- Capability to independently interact throughout Lilium
- Project and process management knowledge and experience
- Excellent analytical, presentation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Action-oriented and solution-minded team player with high degree of self-management
- High personal influencing and negotiation skills. Strong leadership aversion and ability to lead through others.
- Excellent written/spoken English and German would be beneficial
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.