Verification and Certification Engineer
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
As a Verification and Certification engineer you will be part of the interdisciplinary Propulsion IPT (Integrated Project Team) responsible for the development of the Propulsion system for our revolutionary Lilium Jet.
You will report directly to the Engineering Manager – Systems Verification while allocated to the Propulsion IPT. The IPT is responsible for designing and developing the components of our propulsion system across the entire life cycle - from concept through to detailed design, testing and into serial production.
From parts to systems development, you will play a key role in bringing our innovative aircraft to life.
Your Day to Day
- Support the development of the propulsion system, its parts and assemblies, throughout the product lifecycle
- Specification and support of system validation and verification (V&V) activities
- Interact with multidisciplinary individuals and departments, including design, testing and external suppliers, to define, document and execute the V&V activities
- Author test plans and work with the Test team to execute them
- Manage requirements through their lifecycle and ensure their complete verification
- Negotiate with certification authorities for the definition of Means of Compliance, qualification and certification activities
- Create certification strategies and compliance reports
- Generate and manage the Propulsion system V&V plan
- Generate and maintain V&V processes and procedures
The following are required:
- University degree in Aerospace, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (MSc/M.Eng preferred – equivalents may be considered depending on industry experience)
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in the aerospace industry
- Experience in verifying/certifying aircraft propulsion systems; preferably CS-E, CS/FAR-23, -25 or -27
- Experience in planning, developing and managing V&V activities
- Hands-on experience of defining and executing Propulsion test activities
- Experience developing, decomposing and working to system requirements, preferably to ARP4754A or an equivalent standard
- Excellent understanding of general design principles and related functional topics
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously
- Awareness of Part 21J contents and requirements
- Strong motivation and passion to contribute developing a new technology and bringing it to the market
- Target-oriented, driven work style with willingness to proactively overcome impediments in everyday activities and interaction with colleagues
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language is beneficial
The following are beneficial:
- Experience in capture tools, such as Siemens Polarion or IBM Rational Doors
- Experience of environmental qualification activities, preferably to DO-160
- Experience in generating/approving EASA/FAA certification documentation
- Experience in working with external suppliers and managing the interaction for the activities needed for Validation and Verification
- Experience in interacting with certification authorities for the qualification and certification activities of aerospace systems
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.