A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your Role and your Team:
We are looking for an experienced Toolmaker who will be highly involved in the day-to-day manufacturing of Lilium’s revolutionary aircraft.
In this position you will report directly to the Manufacturing Lab leader and will work on a variety of projects and tasks to support Lilium’s production organization.
As a Toolmaker, you will be responsible for manual machining operations on a variety of equipment, including manual lathe, manual milling machine, and surface grinding machine. Additionally, you will perform TIG and MIG/MAG welding, plasma cutting, and the assembly of small assemblies. Your role will be crucial in ensuring the precision and quality of our aerospace tooling and components. You will also support the manufacturing engineering team by bringing efficient and lean solution for the manufacturing of the parts but also for tooling and fixture systems designs.
Your Day to Day:
- Responsible for all activities in the manual tool shop including operating manual lathe and milling machines, surface grinding machine, TIG, MIG/MAG welding as well as plasma cutting to produce high-quality components according to engineering specifications and technical drawings.
- Perform the assembly of small components and assemblies, following work instructions, to ensure proper fit, alignment, and functionality.
- Inspect machined parts and assemblies using precision measuring instruments, maintaining adherence to specifications.
- Troubleshoot issues during machining and assembly processes and make necessary adjustments.
- Assist in material selection considering strength, weight, and industry requirements.
- Maintain accurate records of machining, welding, cutting, and assembly activities.
- Adhere to safety protocols, perform equipment maintenance, and create a safe working environment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to address technical issues and contribute to project success.
- Background as toolmaker, fitter, industrial mechanic or similar.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Toolmaking, Machining, Welding required
- Must be able to work from complex and detailed documentation and/or verbal and written instructions depending on situation.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and work instructions.
- Experience with the creation of project related documentation in relation with the fabrication of different parts and/or assemblies.
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work both in a team and autonomously.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work with tight deadlines and urgencies.
- Basic English language required; German language is beneficial.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.