Tax Manager (Senior Tax Manager)
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Reporting to the Head of Tax, the (Senior) Tax Manager will be an internal point of contact for tax filings, tax compliance matters and a leading driver for tax projects to support the business growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest, well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase.
The successful candidate will be a motivated and driven professional who is ready to apply their technical skills in a dynamic and exciting environment. You will be part of a team building out processes and systems that will define the company into the future...
Your Day to day:
- Support the development of the internal tax department.
- Participate in / lead projects of all sizes across the organisation.
- Support with key decisions around company growth and structure to facilitate future operations as well as other major decisions with a tax aspect.
- Review contracts plans and submissions, working with colleagues to proactively identify and pragmatically manage tax considerations.
- Manage the planning, compliance and reporting in various areas of tax (such as, but not limited to, CIT, trade income tax, VAT, Transfer Pricing and payroll tax).
- Hands-on and proactive identification and processing of all German and international tax matters.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and external stakeholders to deliver high quality outcomes across all tax matters, both project-based and recurring compliance activities.
- Prepare tax calculations for annual submissions.
- Manage VAT filings and preparation of CIT & trade income tax returns.
- Work with the team to design, implement and improve existing internal processes according to IKS standards and leveraging IT solutions.
- Be the key contact for all tax related matters, for both the finance team and external advisors, including delivering training on tax topics to non specialists.
- Work on ad hoc tasks, reports or projects.
- Postgraduate degree and significant work experience gained in a tax function either in a Big 4 firm, tax firm or equivalent industry inhouse tax role
- Certified German tax consultant (“Steuerberater”)
- Advanced understanding of IFRS and HGB accounting standards.
- Effectively handle multiple priorities, lead projects, organising workload and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail coupled with a pragmatic and commercial outlook.
- Excellent communicator and able to build trust within the business.
- Self driven and comfortable working in a fast paced and constantly changing company.
- Fluent in English and German.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.