Systems Engineer - Electronics Design
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
We are looking for an outstanding Electronics Design Engineers to join our Powertrain and Advanced System Department that will shape the future of urban e-mobility.
In this role you will be part of an interdisciplinary IPT (Integrated Project Team) dedicated to the product life cycle implementation and certification of custom Airborne Electronic systems to be installed into the Lilium jet. In this role you will report directly to the Airborne Electronics Functional Manager.
From interfaces definitions and requirement capture to detailed design, safety analysis and testing, you will be involved in formal development in compliance with aerospace standards and regulatory guidelines. You will implement a product development process, and the relevant control processes, according to SAE ARP4754A, RTCA/DO254, and RTCA/DO160G.
Your Day to Day:
- collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams to design, verify and validate project functional, safety and performance requirements, analyse the verification results and define verification metrics.
- interface directly all the project teams involved in aircraft design and development, contributing to safety critical hardware and power electronic design, implementing state of the art technology solutions and integrating them with propulsion, avionic and energy systems.
- meet customer's needs and improve the overall design quality and integrity.
- play an active role in defining the Hardware Electronic design and development processes and tools.
- Implement product development lifecycle according to RTCA/DO-254 guidelines.
- Design Electronic hardware in compliance with RTCA/DO-160G and industry standards.
- Assist embedded software development and system integration.
- Work on any ad-hoc projects related to technology readiness, prototyping or product development.
- Lead technical presentations, product evaluations and benchmarks.
- M.Sc. in electrical/electronic engineering (or similar degree).
- Min. 3 years of professional experience (Aerospace or similar industry).
- Experience with Airborne Hardware design life cycle and related development and process assurance activities in accordance with DO-254 guidelines and in compliance with functional, safety and certification requirements.
- Experience on ‘high’ voltage systems (>400 Vdc) design and development applied to motor control and drive applications, switched mode power electronics design and/or battery management systems.
- Experience in processing, communication and control electronic boards design life cycle; Experience on safety critical application and architectures is a plus.
- Experience with Schematic capture and PCB layout board EDA tools, and with grounding, shielding and EMC design techniques.
- Good understanding of system validation, verification and development activities in compliance with aviation guidelines such as SAE ARP4754A, SAE ARP4761 and qualification test requirements such as DO-160G. Equivalent standards in other industries also considered (e.g. Automotive, Railway, Medical).
- Knowledge of Safety and reliability processes; FTA and FME(C)A, derating analysis; DFM / DFT; Mechanical Packaging; Thermal and cooling design.
- Ability to author verification plans and test cases, as well as architect and implement test benches.
- High level of self-reliance and an autonomous target-oriented work style.
- Fluent English language skills are essential, Fluent German would be beneficial.
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes to improve the overall design quality and integrity.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.